Looking for a good FX platform

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ariva308, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Well... not so hot as far as I can tell. For some reason almost
    every day the quotes cut out for about 5-min during the session.

Thank goodness I haven't funded the account yet...:(

#31     May 1, 2006
  2. I guess this is not necessarily true. This is part of an email I received today:

"We are two completely seperate entities. We do not share information or databases with MB Trading and their options/equities accounts do not integrate with our forex accounts in any way."

I guess this way EFX Group can go under without affecting MB Trading...:(

#32     May 1, 2006
  3. rosy

rosy

saxo bank.
    its the only retail FX broker that does forwards and options as well as spot gold/silver.

#33     May 1, 2006
  4. Chood

Chood

Have you seen the "Latest Broker Ratings" section of the ET homepage? Saxo is rated negatively by six of seven raters.

#34     May 1, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Is this really Murray? Wow.

Anyway, to answer your question considering you're into neural nets and such, most FOREX trader's systems are too simple relatively speaking to require anything as exotic as some of the neural net formulations of yours that I've read about in Future's Magazine and Stocks and Commodities.

Since quote data in Forex is somewhat tricky as there is no centralized exchange but an aggregate of prices from a plethora of dealers, the systems have to be relatively simple, concentrating on and exploiting such ideas as patterns, support and resistance, breakouts, etc.

#35     May 1, 2006
  6. Could anyone tell me about Coes

#36     May 1, 2006
  7. Chood

Chood

I checked Saxo’s website after seeing your tout (above), to refresh my memory of the site as a former Saxo customer. I found these gems on it, with the key parts that Saxo forgot to mention added in bold:

“When trading with Saxo Bank, we quote you a firm price that is guaranteed. Except when the quote makes your trade profitable, then it’s a ‘misquote.’ We don’t honor misquotes.”

“When dealing with Saxo Bank, you are dealing in fully regulated and reliable environment. We are subject to stringent financial reporting and specific regulations regarding client treatment. These regulations are secret, and you cannot count on them, because the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA) refuses to discuss our bank even with our own customers. Heck, even we don’t what these regulations are.”

#37     May 3, 2006