Looking for a good firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by stockgurl, Apr 9, 2007.

1. stockgurl

stockgurl

Hi.

I'm new to post on this forum, but I have read threads from time to time.

I have been a swing trader for a few years (and use IB), but am interested in joining a firm/group in the NYC/NJ area.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm looking for good rates, reliable software, and a good professional environ ment to trade in.

Thanks

Sheri

2. As far as a specific firm to go with, I am not going to lie as many people do on this forum. I am a principle at a firm now, looking to start a new one. I do not want to be affiliated with any of the "traditional" firms here as you can see they have gotten a bad name. If you want to reply to me personally please feel free to. I can give you the run down of reputable firms with good rates, (not just my own). As far as a professional environment, that is totally up to your style and taste.

3. Let's see..... a thread started by someone with one post, answered by someone with two, who claims to be a "principle"
    and can't spell the word correctly.

4. I am curious about what it mean to be a prinicipal of a firm and looking to start a new one? Also, are you soliciting customers for the firm you are now a principal of or the one that you are "looking" to start? Also, how long have you had your 24?