Looking For A Futures Prop Shop with a 50/50 split

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by millydog, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Does anyone know of any proprietary futures firms out there that may be able to accomadate what I am looking for.

I am not looking for buying power, I have enough already in my retail account to blow myself out 10 times over.

Basically I have been trading a small 20K account scalping NQ and ES with amazing consistancy. I have been averaging about 500/week with very small drawdowns.

I just can't seem to size up do to the fact that I am not comfortable putting on more risk than I am already taking, with so small an account. I usually trade 1 or 2 lots at a time.

What I am looking for is a firm that would let me trade there capital with say a 50/50 split on profits, and offer better than retail rates, and of course assume all lossess.

I would plan on trading 1 or 2 lots in the begining, until they are more confident in me and then size up to 5-10 contracts at a time, and go from there.

If a firm does exist I can provide them with brokerage statements to show them how consistant I have been and my ability to handle risk, as well as solid trading plan with strict risk control in place.

If anyone has any ideas pleas let me know.

2. i don't know of a futures firm but i do know of a few equities(prop) trading firms that will split 50/50 or better with no deposit provided you can trade.

3. kxvid

kxvid

You put up no capital and get 50% payout? I can trade where do I sign up. :D

4. I can trade for sure. I have no problem showing the firm my brokerage statements. As for individual stocks, I never had too much luck with them. But I have great sucsess with the NQ and ES.

I guess I could trade qqq and spy, although commisions would be much higher unlesss they offered me a fantastic deal.

5. If you actually have $20K, then why do you need a prop shop?
    There are still plenty of FCM's that offer $500/contract performance bond.

$20K should be plenty of rope to hang yourself!

Yes... there are real firms that will pay you 50% of your P&L with NO deposit. They are in Chicago.

6. Exactly. OP says he has enough to blow up 10x over so I suspect that means he has 200k. Put another 20k into the account, move it to a $500 intra-day margin firm, now you have buying power of 80 contracts. On day one trade 1 lot, day 2 trade 2 lots, then 3, then stop where ever you find your comfort zone. Heck, 1 point per day on 8-10 lots is $400-$500 per day and you get to keep ALL of it but I definitely see your point when you say you want to shift the risk to someone else.

7. At least get yourself trading about 5-10 lots before posting this thread, you can surely handle that amount on your own. Now if you wanted to get to 50-100 lots then I can see you needing some help.

8. First New York.

You need a very good track record to get in.

9. elguapo

elguapo

that model is dead.

exm. cft used to, they're done backing anybody else outside of london. you could be the most profitable trader ever, u still need 80- 100k to open up and pay a 4k desk.

#10     Jan 10, 2009