Looking for a friendly tax environment

Discussion in 'Forex' started by AnSu, Jun 18, 2007.

1. H2O

H2O

check your facts...

I know you can probably get away with a lot, but...

If the tax authorities consider your returns from trading as income, it will be taxed.

When do they see it as income (= business). This is discretionary, but depends on how much time and effort (trades, research, investments) it takes to generate your income...

Btw, I moved to Gibraltar

#11     Aug 21, 2007
  2. BJL

BJL

Can you name one single case of an individual not engaged in market-making that has been taxed?

For trading to qualify as a business the tax authorities need to prove the income was foreseeable positive. Hard to prove given the market efficiency and trading being a zero sum.

#12     Aug 21, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Gibraltar is phasing out their favorable tax structure in a few years.

#13     Aug 21, 2007
  4. what about Dubai? It's completely tax free.... and there are some prop trading firms opening soon there...

#14     Aug 21, 2007
  5. Cybren

Cybren

Well....there ofcourse will always be some tension between what they consider foreseeable positive and also what is and what is not a business.

I do not think anyone has lost this battle so far. Also, I don't trade that much measured in transactions.

I think, in the end, there are not that many people in Holland actually making a decent living trading from their homes, to be bothered by Dutch tax authorities.

Sure hope I will not be the first that gets picked by Tax authorities.

#15     Aug 22, 2007

6. And the weather is nice too.

That is if you enjoy 113 degrees and 98% humidity. I can't even imagine how hot that is.

Yesterday in Jersey it was 57 degrees.

#16     Aug 22, 2007