Looking for a free .pdf of this book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dcwriter2, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Tradex

Tradex

It is always fishy when a website ask you to register for a "free" trial to download a book. Most of the time you will have to give them your CC number, and when the registration is complete they will tell you that the book (or movie) is no longer available due to blah blah blah.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    #31     Apr 7, 2021
  2. No I am not wrong. No one said that ISPs dont track through cookies and other means.

What i did say though, is that the probability of the ISP allocating anytime toward someone that downloads a book due to copyright issues is not going to happen - as you asserted and what i responded to. Nor would law enforcement barring some egregious circumstances

If you werent a wannabe smart guy you would be able to understand a flow of conversation and what the reply was saying.

Only if a certain "crime" is on the governments radar would an ISP do anything (read, be forced) - like in your Napster example. ISPs didnt give a fuck until the government wanted to make it a problem.

Wannabe smart guy.

#32     Apr 7, 2021
  3. Tradex

Tradex

True, ISP do not give a hoot about copyrighted books, songs or movies. They only act when they receive an official complaint from the official source. And most of the time they will simply send you a polite warning.

#33     Apr 7, 2021
  4. never2old

never2old

answering the OP question

on that point, from here .... found in a blog/forum

http://yamtohv.pro/?a_aid=1953480f&a_bid=c28f910b&chan=two&data1=Brian+J+Stark+-+Special+Situation+Investing:+Hedging,+Arbitrage,+And+Liquidation&data2=back200&p=af

that is why I posted 3 links ..... at your own risk YMMV

#34     Apr 7, 2021
  5. Tradex

Tradex

#35     Apr 7, 2021
  6. ph1l

ph1l

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    #36     Apr 7, 2021
    Axon likes this.
  7. RedSun

RedSun

Just do not forget the folks who was sued to download the MP3 music in the Napster era. Parents of some 13 year old kids had to pay $2,000 to $3,000 to settle the lawsuits against them. Somehow the music owners forced ISPs for the names of those offenders and sued them....

The law is not on your side when you are doing something illegal. Just not caught yet.

#37     Apr 7, 2021

8. Again, only because the government wanted to make it a thing. Napster wasnt the only p2p download place - just the only one the govt had its sights on.

#38     Apr 7, 2021
  9. Overnight

Overnight

IIRC, it was Lars Ulrich from Metallica who made the Napster thing a big deal. And at the time, Napster was the primary P2P portal on the web for the masses.

#39     Apr 7, 2021
  10. RedSun

RedSun

Clearly download copyrighted material from internet is illegal. Period.

No foul language can change that.

#40     Apr 7, 2021