Looking for a free .pdf of this book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dcwriter2, Apr 7, 2021.

1. albion

albion

You can make a copy of content (for yourself) AFTER you have purchased it. If we can all make a single copy without purchasing it then the writer literally makes nothing... are you even thinking about what you are writing? You are lying about teaching media law.

#11     Apr 7, 2021
    RedSun and guru like this.
  2. RedSun

RedSun

Also, it is obviously an violation of the law to store a copy of any copyrighted material and share it with anyone else.

#12     Apr 7, 2021
  3. guru

guru

Are you really that dumb? Why would anyone need more than a “single copy” or “single piece” of a book or a song and only need to purchase a second copy? Do you just steal a book and then pay for the 2nd copy?
    And why would “make” or “acquire” mean allowing stealing?
    No one would even write useful books. And there would be no need for copyright law, or commercial books, art or music. Musicians/artists already complain about getting screwed by Spotify and other music distributors. While there are plenty of lawsuits involving copyright laws, whether regarding books or music.

#13     Apr 7, 2021
    taowave, globalarbtrader and Gambit like this.
  4. Gambit

Gambit

Why not just go to a library? It’s paid for by your taxes...Interlibrary loan will help you find obscure titles.

Authors like Rob Carver save new traders substantial money and time. Something to think about IMHO

#14     Apr 7, 2021
    KCalhoun and globalarbtrader like this.
  5. Gambit

Gambit

Found this title at my local Uni library. I’ll check it out.

#15     Apr 7, 2021

6. Lol. Perfect, champ.

#16     Apr 7, 2021
  7. userque

userque

Since you "taught media law for six years," you should have no problem providing us a cite. Thanks.

[​IMG]

#17     Apr 7, 2021
    taowave likes this.
  8. I can almost guarantee NO internet provider is doing this.

What is possible and what is probable are different things and wannabe smart people love to conflate the 2.

#18     Apr 7, 2021
  9. Taught at Lynn University, Florida Atlantic University and the University of Technology, Sydney, in Australia. I wish I could say calling someone a liar was defamation but I would have to show damages. Your interpretation of copyright law is commonsensical, perhaps, but not the way the law is implemented. I assume the person who provides me with a .pdf obtained it legally and is not running a business selling copies. If I know otherwise I MAY be guilty of copyright infringement. I think this is my final statement on this obviously touchy subject. Go ask a lawyer, if you have questions or want to debate. Frankly, I'm too busy.

#19     Apr 7, 2021
    BMK and cesfx like this.
  10. And I bill whom?

#20     Apr 7, 2021