Looking for a Developer/Programmer to create a program for mutual use.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Newmoney24, Jan 22, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

Classic!!! :D :D :D :D

New guy - you are writing out things that are correct and generally accepted - e.g. if you can get your weekly grocery for 80$ at a store that is 2 mile from your house Vs spending 110$ at a store next door, you drive 2 miles and get it from there.

Unfortunately, world of trading is very hard. When you start, you will discover that 95% of these stores that are 2 miles away and sound good are worthless and don't have the grocery that you want - when you actually go visit them. So, you will be wasting a lot of "time and $" initially when you start. You can't escape from this, this is like law of gravity. Welcome to Trading!

Btw, Learning to program is a very good investment you can make. Say 4 yrs down the line, you can't hack trading, and you are broke and in debt, at least you can start programming for 10$ an hour at your local community whatever. In case you end up becoming profitable, well programming will only make your life easier and your trading more profitable.

Learn it man - if nothing else, at least easy language or formula language of Amibroker.

#51     Feb 8, 2013
  2. themickey

themickey

LOL! You won't waste dollars? What about the coder, what's he about to waste? What a joke! Busted!

#52     Feb 8, 2013
  3. are you kidding me?
    --

as for the others, I have plenty of experience trading
    hence why I am moving to automated trading, I have tested my system manually for months, I don't have time to sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day to do it

again your responses are a reflection of your own success or failure -- maybe you guys need more experience trading

I don't have time for responding to petty comments any longer- serious coders message me, ignore the masses (who let themselves get slaughtered anyway)

#53     Feb 8, 2013
  4. themickey

themickey

Mate, you're the one lacking experience in spades.
    This is another LOL!

#54     Feb 8, 2013
  5. murrica

murrica

Sadly, there are always suckers around that need to be forewarned that working for free is almost never a good idea, and certainly not a good idea in this case. My advice to anyone here is to not contact this guy. He wants you to take 100% of the risk on implementing his ideas. That leaves zero monetary risk for him.

To OP, please feel free not to respond to me, as you said you would not do last time. I have encountered much better con men than you in my time.

#55     Feb 8, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

Mate, I applaud your efforts.

My only suggestion to you is - learn to code yourself. It is a very good skill to have.

FAQ:
    Q: How should I do it? It sounds like a lot of work and frankly I am a bit scared.
    A: Well, simple - first don't worry. It is not as hard as it sounds. Join a community college and do a class there. You will get a hang of it. If you find it difficult to follow, ask some fellow student to help along. Just go for it man - just learn it. Learning basic coding skills won't take more than a month.

Tell you what - if you learn to program and can do some good visuals in some package, you will get laid also. No kidding here - Heard about MATLAB?? There was this guy in my grad school who developed an infatuation for MATLAB and used to make a lot of good curves/drawings/graphs etc. in spectacular colors. In coffee shop, he will work on those amazingly beautiful objects, and girls will come start a conversation with him. Man - he got laid like 2 times a week with a new girl.

So that is something new I guess for everyone - Get Laid while doing MATLAB!!!

#56     Feb 8, 2013
  7. themickey

themickey

He's just edited his post, before he said "...nearly a month...", now its "...for months..."

#57     Feb 8, 2013
  8. hftvol

hftvol

I am a serious coder but I am also a serious trader, who has worked for over 10 years as prop trader at several investment banks. Not one day has passed where I have not sat in front of the screen for more than 8 hours. You come across as a douche too arrogant to wanting to get his fingers dirty while I have picked up C++ and C# (already during my financial engineering program before I started working but also during the whole time I was working). If you have a problem spending the time it takes for this job then I recommend you do not ask others to seriously consider your "offer". So far you sound neither successful nor hard working and engaging enough. Rather the term "locust" crosses my mind.

#58     Feb 14, 2013
  9. apple

apple

Are you still doing it? What's the destination for one working as algo trader for 10 years? Run a fund or quit?

#59     Mar 5, 2013
  10. If I am a developer/programmer, I definitely won't "create a program for mutual use."

"mutual use"? you make me laugh.

Only an idiot will create a program and give it to you for "mutual use."

How about wiring 100k into my bank account for mutual use?

#60     Mar 5, 2013