Looking for a Developer/Programmer to create a program for mutual use.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Newmoney24, Jan 22, 2013.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Second it.

#41     Feb 5, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

it's same s**t that you called :

---This IS the future
    and surely coding isn't that hard----

now-back to your idea:

just yes or no

#42     Feb 5, 2013
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Bob,

Just let it go. He will learn in time, hopefully, that before he gets on board with trend, wipsaws will kill him. And then, once/if he gets early in a trend, he will exit with a small profit missing most of the move.

Regards,
    Redduke

#43     Feb 5, 2013
  4. cvi

cvi

@Newmoney24, you need more than a programmer here ... you need a friend too so you could trust each other. Good programmers don't have enough time to spend if they don't trust the idea. They would rather work for a nice salary somewhere in a bank rather than risking their time and effort on something which doesn't guarantee to pay the bills.

#44     Feb 7, 2013
  5. right +1

the programming world goes like this..

less you know = the more you pay..

#45     Feb 8, 2013
  6. I went thru this with a wanna-be systematic trader. He had this crazy strategy of trading gap-openings. No platforms could easily do it. Then his exit rules were so convoluted....it was crazy. And then he kept changing them.
    The big killer was: he had no backtested results.
    I think he eventually canned the whole approach.

#46     Feb 8, 2013
  7. The quickest way to dispel "doubt" is to pay people for the work you're asking them to do.

It's a pretty serious alarm bell that you don't appear able to invest even the small amount of money necessary to have someone do this professionally.

#47     Feb 8, 2013
  8. obviously I can but there's no point to waste $
    like I said I'd hire someone from Odesk if I had to I'd rather not waste $- I'd rather make a win-win

#48     Feb 8, 2013
  9. murrica

murrica

Please leave, sir.

#49     Feb 8, 2013
  10. Bob111

Bob111

ho hoho..post of the day..
    boy oh boy...good luck with trading. :p
    cause most of your time you are going to spend doing exactly that:
    waste $..and time. a lot of it(time and $). the less time you spend-more $ you going to waste :p

#50     Feb 8, 2013