Looking for a Developer/Programmer to create a program for mutual use.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Newmoney24, Jan 22, 2013.

1. For those of you who have offered good feedback in this thread, I thank you.

I would ask- in your opinion, what is the best way to program this strategy? (programming language, etc) and on what platform? (ninja trader? or other)

also, what would be the best/cheapest data feed? (preferably with minute charts)

#31     Feb 3, 2013
  2. Jack,
    your post was awesome- I'm sorry I missed your question earlier I am quite busy so I skimmed through -

to answer why I picked 5 points and 1%
    -the 5 points is variable, but the more connecting points, the stronger the trendline, this is a variable that I would test anywhere between 4-10 or more points

as for the 1%-
    I chose 1% to limit losses. Months ago i favored 3%, but 1% allows for much tighter control of losses. Further, many trades would be passed because the price of the stock/product would not come in range . For example, say they only come within 2% before recovering back into in-the-money territory- although we miss these trades, we limit losses twice as effectively at 1% than 2% this could be adjusted to be tighter too to limit losses even further (but then ofcourse reducing the # of trades we take)

I read your profile that youve been doing TA since 1957, and generally have a good feeling about you.
    I would love to discuss with you more off forum - I don't ask you to divulge any of your private strategies with me, it would be a pleasure to make your acquaintance if even just to network.

Take care and wishing you well~

#32     Feb 3, 2013
  3. Well, keep your knowledge and offer a mutual benefit of 100 USD cash per hour and you get a deal.

Working for some arcane mutual benefit would immediately make 100% of the programmers on this planet working full time - and starving. Have fun in Odesk to get someone for that deal.

#33     Feb 3, 2013
  4. Bob111

Bob111

what? buy dips/pullbacks of trendline or MA or whatever the right word is? you got to be kidding.. :D

if coding is easy-why can't you try yourself?as being said many times here-coding is nothing ,compared to debugging (making sure that all calculations are correct). and it's extremely time consuming. get this through your head-it's not some sort of video game. your hard earned money will be on the line. and you going to compete with WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD , and when it's comes to execution- EVERY SINGLE RULE is tilted against you.you can be right 10 times in the row,but it's worth nothing,if you can't get your fill :p
    one of my systems consistently shows >$1000 every single day,while in reality i barely making couple hundreds :p cause fill ratio ridiculously low in real life,compared with "back testing " results.
    point is-you have no idea how many variables are involved in this "business/hobby." and how complex this whole thing could be. even if it's MA crossover. pros are know this and aware of it. that's why they asking a lot of money for any project. cause they already know at least common pitfalls. how?cause they already PAID for their mistakes. make sure you remember it-you will pay for EVERY SINGLE MISTAKE YOU MADE right on spot. trading is very straight when it comes to mistakes.:p
    like i said-grab a copy of whatever soft is out here, talk to the community on their forums. see my previous posts-it's been coded already 100 times.

Good luck!

#34     Feb 3, 2013
  5. if it has already been created 100 times can you be so kind as to point out where?
    this forum is the best resource that comes to mind for me,
    if there is a large active community which is programming things similar to what I am discussing, please do direct me to their forum and I will enquire there

thank you

#35     Feb 5, 2013
  6. hftvol

hftvol

you praising Jack completely disqualifies you from most on this board working with you. If you appreciate nut cases then you should definitely shoot Jack an email. He seems to be a tool of all trades I am sure he can code you something up quick in Assembler or C++.

#36     Feb 5, 2013
  7. Bob111

Bob111

http://wl4.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=ChartScriptSearch.htm

as been said above-tradestation and other platforms. amibroker etc

but again-define mutual use. you throw an idea and that's about it on your part? imo mutual use is where all parties are committing roughly equal parts. what was your part in this relationship besides posted 1 screenshoot?

#37     Feb 5, 2013
  8. Bob111

Bob111

buy?

#38     Feb 5, 2013
  9. Bob111

Bob111

#39     Feb 5, 2013
  10. Yes, like other growing trends which have existed in the past but are continuing to grow greatly today, this is the future.

Those link you gave is pretty dated, do you have anything more recent? Surely we've made better programs since 2000-2005

#40     Feb 5, 2013