Looking for a desktop screen that folds down flat on a desk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dcwriter2, Sep 15, 2019.

1. carrer

carrer

Having a wife is always a problem.

#11     Sep 15, 2019
  2. Very cool. Price is reasonable. Wonder how well it works with a MacBook. Referring to the sliding screens on a laptop product. If it works well and is relatively seamless, it seems like a great idea, although part of my reason for searching for a folding desktop mintor was because of lousy vision, which this wouldn't really address..

#12     Sep 15, 2019
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There must be a reason why you prefer to use the dining room as an office space ?

Close to the kitchen, you can see the TV in the TV room, near the sliding door to the patio, excellent room lighting (useful for people with vision problems), big dining table, comfortable dining chairs, less lonely...

Discover that reason(s) and then try to find another room to duplicate the same comfort you have for using the dining room as an office.

Another solution but most likely too costly for you...coworking office space somewhere near you if such exist. Then there's the free solution...local public library (they are very quiet).

wrbtrader

#13     Sep 15, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    #14     Sep 15, 2019
  5. The former wasnt really what I was looking for, but might be a solution if I can find the right monitor and a fold down stand.

#15     Sep 15, 2019
  6. DaveV

DaveV

Any monitor with VESA mount. and that has the HDMI/DVI/Displayport and power connector on the bottom of the monitor, can be put flat on the desktop by removing the stand. Then, when you want to stand the monitor up, use one of those holders that is meant to hold recipe books upright.

But if you insist on a monitor that can lie nearly flat:
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...8ht/apd/210-alcs/monitors-monitor-accessories

#16     Sep 15, 2019
  7. Choosing between your wife or the monitor going horizontal is the question here. Have you tried standing?

Es:D

#17     Sep 15, 2019
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

#18     Sep 16, 2019
  9. Hmmmm, might give it a try. Tks.

#19     Sep 16, 2019
  10. #20     Sep 16, 2019