Looking for a desk or wall ticker similar to Lametric

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eleuthera, Nov 12, 2017.

1. One that just shows the S&P futures 24/7, rt. Alternatively, does anyone know if Amazon's Alexa will proactively warn me if, say the SP is down 1%?

2. just21

just21

Just change the font size to 72 point or larger on your laptop/pc with monitor in any program that has sp futures. You can write your own skills for Alexa so it should be possible.

3. just21

just21

4. just21

just21

5. Tks much. Haven't used Alexa yet but this might make me try it. A key question: Can I set it up for alerts, like ES down 1 %? I don't want to ask. I just want it to wake me up at 4 a.m. if there is a Houston we have a problem moment, and I am asleep. I also presume the stock market app does futures and VIX as well as stocks, right?

6. just21

just21

You can program your own Alexa skill to do anything.

7. just21

just21

Who is your broker? In www.interactivebrokers.com TWS mosaic you can set alerts that are audible, SMS or email and you can set the font size to as large as our have installed on your PC.

8. IB. Will give that a shot, too. Tks.

9. DaveV

DaveV

A year ago, I looked into writing Alexa programs to warn me about market events, or problems with my system. It turned out that Alexa cannot push information, it can only pull; i.e. Alexa could initiate communications. Not sure if that has changed since then.

It's far easier to write programs or scripts to send an email or text message for notifications.

10. tks

#10     Nov 13, 2017