Looking for a decent broker for futures with low intraday margins

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dberliner, Feb 1, 2008.

1. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

Your point is valid. $500 is the MINIMUM margin required to enter a postition. We don't recommend it. Taking four contracts with $2,000 is definitely not recommended. With that kind of agressive trading you'd be on a margin call with the first tic that goes against you. Furthermore, anyone who is new to trading futures be aware that low margins can hurt you as well as help you. As a new trader you should be more concerned with preserving your account than growing your account and low margins should not be a primary concern. Most traders lose money.

As for Jaba122's comments, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I don't know if it's all water under the bridge at this point, but I'd welcome you to contact me and let me know the specifics, maybe it's something I can remedy. I think most of our clients would give us glowing reviews for our level of service and courtesy. We've got a lot extremely positive testimonials that you can view on our site. Obviously it's a small sample of our clients, but I think the strenght of the testimonials says something about us. I'm pretty confident you won't find anyone complaining about the way I treated them. The other technical accusations----about real-time accounting , etc. ...I don't think are valid, but I don't have the time to debate it right now. Anyone who has questions about it please feel free to call me.

I'm not saying we're the best, but I honestly think we have a great product for futures traders. We have a number of platforms with various price/features. Obviously we can't satisfy the platforms needs of every trader, but we're happy to explain what we do have and we have free live demos so you can do your own evaluation. Our Technical Support will assist with any questions you have about the software. Our rates are very competitive. High volume traders can get extremely low rates here.

In summary, we're a quality firm. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. If you're looking for a firm, give us consideration...come to your own conclusion. I don't have time to get on Elite Trader much, but I'll try to check back when I can to answer questions. I prefer that anyone with questions call or email me and I'll do my best to assist you. Gotta go.

Best regards,

#21     Feb 15, 2008
  2. dmcw

dmcw Global Futures

That's awesome! Thank you very much for taking the time to say so.

#22     Feb 15, 2008
  3. Who do you recomend?

#23     Feb 15, 2008
  4. You mean directly with them? do they do that?

#24     Feb 15, 2008
  5. I just signed up today with Transactfutures and I had been doing my homework fr a very long time!
    Talk to Bill and say Cy sent you their ways. Mind you, I do volume, else I'd have gone with Mirus or Amp just because of NT n Zen. I still plan to open a small account with them just for that purpose.
    If you need to trade equity, futures and options and don't do big vol., then IB is your choice. Whatever you do, just steer and stay clear of TradeStation. People who don't offer a demo have something to hide!

#25     Feb 15, 2008
  6. Jaba122

Jaba122

Doug, thank you for your reply. I'll contact you through this

board, if that's ok with you. Last time I spoke to "my" broker

at GF over the phone, I almost had a heart attack afterwards.

My appologies to the original poster for the off-topic post.

#26     Feb 15, 2008
  7. Man is not a good place if you're looking for low margins, at least if you go through them directly. The best I've ever gotten with them was half margin.

#27     Feb 15, 2008
  8. sunneee

sunneee

FOr a start if you cannot commit with volume i would suggest using Infinity and once you are able to trade with volume switch to transact.

=)

#28     Feb 18, 2008
  9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is a premier NinjaTrader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the NinjaTrader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

#30     Jul 29, 2008