Looking for a chat site that......

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by easyrider, Jul 29, 2003.

1. is not moderated. Just a bunch of traders shooting the shit. I dont like being in a room with a well known trader because I find myself being influenced by their calls and it causes me to second guess my own calls. I dont have a problem with people making calls whom I consider myself on a par with as I wont pay too much attention to them. :) It would also primarily trade the eminis. I know there are a few of these around that do not have the speech function but that is a must for me. I dont like sitting here alone all day very much but so far have not been able to come up with an alternative.

2. jasrlew

jasrlew

Can't you make one on the Elitetrader chat room function and have a password so people you only want can enter?

3. opm8

opm8

Ensign Chat is what you want. If you don't use Ensign you can still get it for free. It's quite feature packed and you can have voice, too. www.ensignsoftware.com

--opm8

4. I dont think Elite has speech functions does it? I thought about starting one on paltalk or hotcomm but the problem is coming up with enough serious people to keep it going. Unfortunately I dont have any friends who are traders. I live in the country and am too old to change my ways or I would go the prop route as I think I would like that environment, for trading.

5. jasrlew

jasrlew

Good point, I did not see the voice requirement the first time I read your post. I wonder if Yahoo IM allows a group function for voice or has a group voice chat room? Just a thought

6. Would not want to be in a room with more than about a dozen people. Can you picture 600 people talking at the same time.

7. there all many on paltalk

8. you can start a chat romm on AOL IM and invite only people you want in there