Looking for a career in Trading, need help

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by DUDEnoway, Mar 2, 2011.

1. nevermind, don't even bother. I do a lot of reading, and the only people who come from Florida are: old, broke, or/and scam artists. You gotta have a crystal clear website with detailed information before even contacting me if you come from Florida.

DENIED - go fish

#21     Mar 4, 2011
  2. sounds to me you overrate yourself perhaps a little? The term "tier1" alone sounds quite arrogant. Please do not forget most in the institutional trading business have at the very least the same or even much better eduction to show than what you claim you have.

That you cannot even get an interview with the bucket trading shops that advertise here makes me just wonder....maybe you want to focus getting your foot into the door of a real sell-side environment or hedge fund rather than begging coffee and potato chips stained tshirt wearing "prop firm traders" for a job.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S.: Do you think anyone worth his cent will wager his reputation by recommending or referring a stranger who offers to "pay" his way into the door? Why dont you sleep your way up? Male prostitutes are not that uncommon these days. I say this because I feel disrespect for people like you. Work your ass up like everyone in this business. If you cannot even get an interview yourself then maybe you are not cut out for this business. Enough said!!!

#22     Mar 4, 2011
  3. +++

#23     Mar 4, 2011
  4. so if you are the HEAD recruiter why you need to state your education? Website not working? Ups, I forgot this is ET....

ah ranted enough back to work...

[/QUOTE]

#24     Mar 4, 2011
  5. So i got an interview with a PE firm in SF. I just wanna say, this forum is completely useless. FU ALL!!!!! :eek: cya wouldn't wanna be ya.

p.s. wish me luck :D

#25     Mar 7, 2011
  6. pegasys1

pegasys1

GD Luck. If you are the guy who offered 10k for a job, I can get you one at the prop shop I work for. Guarenteed, they give you a opportunity to trade and get trained for at lear three months, before you have to stop sucking at trading lol.

#26     Mar 8, 2011
  7. Ha, you pay 10K for the interview?

Good luck, you'll need it.

#27     Mar 8, 2011
  8. jinxu

jinxu

He's trolling. Can't any of you all tell? :confused:

#28     Mar 8, 2011
  9. the1

the1

Not necessarily. I graduated from a Tier II school that claimed their program was equivalent to a Tier I school, which I believe because the program just about kicked my ass. Three semesters of Computational Finance will do that to you. I had no trouble getting a job with a firm where I didn't have to put up capital and the training was free. I think the biggest problem the OP is having is that the banks aren't backing the prop firms like they used to so openings are slim and he lives in SF. I live outside Chicago so I was a train ride away. I agree with the guy who said the OP should contact Bright, especially considering he graduated from a Tier I.

#29     Mar 8, 2011
  10. Risk/Reward - takes two seconds to post, why take the chance:D

#30     Mar 8, 2011