Looking for a C# programmer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by 4EXJOE, Nov 9, 2009.

1. johncare

johncare

i am not myself looking 4 programmer

www.eotpro.com are.. contact bill dennis thru the web site

#11     Nov 14, 2009
  2. let me know if you still need some programming help....myself or an associate can probably get this done for you rather fast.

#12     Nov 14, 2009
  3. why is there regularly stupid posts like this on this forum?

packages from either of the above start minimum 100k/year. anyone remotely familiar with them or know their product/service/price would not look, they'll just hire a techie..

#13     Nov 15, 2009
  4. I did not even bother replying to him.. but the fact is if you're comfortable with coding you can put something very useful together in days-month (depending on hours you spend on it) which does what you exactly need with doors open to any library you desire.. as compared to all the bells/whistle extra crap and limited rubbish that comes with some of the stuff I've seen.

anyone who thinks you can manage serious money with NT, openquant, rightedge etc is crazy. maybe works to replace a lazy ass for EOD trading.. but get higher frequency and multiple strategies and u see all the problems.

#14     Nov 15, 2009
  5. What is the alternative?

#15     Nov 15, 2009

6. code what you need yourself. ofcourse this is scarey and puzzling for those who can't code and others who can code but are lazy. but you get out whatever effort you put into anything.

ideally you need something like the original quant studio API that Anton made.. but he ran off with it to quant house and they now charge 5k/month to use it..

also when you make something yourself you know what goes on every line of the code and u can do whatever u want.

#16     Nov 16, 2009
  7. SmartProj

SmartProj

Hi Joe!

I am manager at software development team that works with trading systems.
    We have experience working with couple famous trading applications and have our own development. So our programmers know this subject. I guess if you could describe your expectations more clear - we could help you with project.
    What was wrong with previous programmers that you worked with?

Natasha

#17     Nov 16, 2009
  8. Syprik

Syprik

I've included a desktop screenshot that may allude to my knowledge on this matter.

We have been running Quantdeveloper for some time now. My partner's original cost was in the $5k-15k bracket (I will not disclose exact amount), an amount which I later split with him. As far as I know, you can still purchase "transition" products between SmartQuant/Quanthouse platform merge @ reasonable pricing. We also purchased open source to CATS C#.net ...cost again, minimal.

Alphacet offers a Discovery package streamed at small firms. It is considerably more than QD, but not $75k+ package typical institution will want primered.

OP, come over to Nuclear Phy/Wilmott, ask your questions there. You will get far better advice if you are patient. There are quite a few financial oriented programmers that lurk those forums that will offer excellent free-lance work.

I would keep a close eye on retail directed RightEdge Edition 2 (latest betas). If degree of active support and speed of development continues, that package is looking to pull far ahead of the retail herd.

#18     Nov 16, 2009
  9. Syprik

Syprik

#19     Nov 17, 2009
  10. Syprik

Syprik

#20     Nov 17, 2009