Looking for a broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by slackeral, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Hi,
    I'm managing some family money and I am looking for a new broker. I trade futures for myself online so I hve some experience with thatand am thinking I would like some online execution capability plus I need access to the futures market whicih I don't currntly have. It is a lot of money so I'm hesitant to go with IB because I just cant have flaky software or someone not picking up the phone. Cost is not the first considerstion especislly since I don't know yet how much I will be trading the account. Has anyone ever used FIMAT preferred? Should I just go with a full servvice investment bank? I'm reluctant to do that becasue it seems like I'm always handed to some private banker or some suchwho just wants to sell things. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Patricio

Patricio

I have just opened an account with them Infinitybrokerage, I previously used Cybertrader. I found them to be very helpful and professional, they will negotiate fees dependant on your trading activity. They offer all futures contracts traded on the Eurex as well. They offer various trading/charting platforms and use TransAct futures as the clearing house.

There execution of orders is exceptional according to Tradethemarkets.com. They also offer a service to assist you in obtaining the CME electronic membership which will give you discounted fees.

If you want to trade more than 10 round trips a day this might be the way to go.

I dealt with Josh Harris j.harris@infinitybrokerage.com

Hope that helps.