Looking for $500 margin and decent RT fee...anybody have experience with IB direct?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Jugador, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Jugador

Jugador

Hold on a second (POP)...there I pulled my head out of my butt. I didn't mean 30. I was thinking about something else. I had been thinking about 5% risk. But, I can't make up my mind about whether it should be 5% or 2%.

No, IB's intraday is cheaper...$1,750 initial per contract, and $1,400 maintenance, and you have to close all positions 15 minutes before the close.

#11     Aug 20, 2007
  2. here we go again

hi sir

have you ever traded stock index futures before ?

what makes you think you can start out now in this extremely volatile time frame we are in and trade multiple contracts
    and average down a few times ?

have you ever traded ETF's based on the above futures ?

do you have an "edge" or a real understanding what some of the factors are driving the markets intraday ?

I suggest you start real slow ... perhaps 100-200 shares of one of the ETF's and report back to us how you are doing

good luck to you sir

IF YOU ARE already a "pro" making good money and holding your own in the last few weeks trading stock index futures
    and this post only reflects your wishing to increase your size
    so you can be in next yrs "traders monthly" best traders under 30 issue ... then forget I wrote this post and good luck to you

#12     Aug 21, 2007
  3. Jugador

Jugador

no, I'm not a "pro" just looking to make a little more(i wish!)...lol :D

Thanks for the advice. I've never really thought about ETF's. I'll check them out.

#13     Aug 21, 2007
  4. Infinity

#14     Aug 21, 2007