Looking Behind the Curtain; The Real Conspiracy.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by patchie, Apr 16, 2009.

1. patchie

patchie

You can certainly assert that he is a nut case and a fraud but there are certain aspects of his story that need some further embellishments.

1. What is the real story behind the jail cell beating? I doubt that it was made up for this story.

2. Many of the allegations/issues with Goldman are not knew. There certainly is the appearance anyway of Goldman Sachs having this protective cloud over them. Many comments here on articles about Goldman say just that. Goldman did seem to be a major beneficiary of the federal bailout programs.

#21     Apr 18, 2009
  2. sjfan

sjfan

1. Why not? His credibility isn't exaclty high. It could simply be a routine jail house beating. Or it didn't happen. There are far more likely explaination than the one he offers. If Goldman were so powerful, and he's such a threat, shouldn't he be dead? That's the problem with conspiracy theories: in order for them to work, the shadow organization has to be so giant and powerful, and yet fails to cover the most obvious trails

2. That's the second thing about conspiracies: there's usually some tiny grain of factual truth. For example, in the usual CIA invented crack story - the CIA did have an informant who might very well have connections with the fella who claimed to have come up with the process of making crack; the the problem is, the conspiracy theory blow the tiny factual connection into whole mess of logical flaws and outright story telling.

At the end of the day, this guy is a nut.

#22     Apr 18, 2009
  3. And at the end ofthe day one thing is certin, Goldman Sachs will do just about anything for money. They worship money.

#23     Apr 18, 2009
  4. Armstrong's Economic Confidence Model Predicts a top today or tomorrow. I got a sell signal at the close yesterday--Monday should be interesting.

#24     Apr 18, 2009
  5. His work coupled with a couple other people I follow saved my 401K a ton of money back in late 2006/early 2007. Up until that time I had been a fairly firm "buy and hold' for the 401K. In any event, when it comes time to consider weird possibilities that I would not normally consider, the man has more than paid for my attention many times over. In fact, as far as I'm concerned, he has paid for a lifetime of attention from me.

#25     Apr 18, 2009
  6. sjfan

sjfan

That's true of just about every one in the investment business. What's your point?

#26     Apr 18, 2009
  7. Where did you get the details of the model to calculate it on your own? I've only looked at JPEG's of his dates.

#27     Apr 18, 2009
  8. DOW to 4000. Our thinking about markets seems to cycle between rational and irrational, I suggest that we are entering a rational period starting Monday....

#28     Apr 18, 2009
  9. A poster on ET, that posts for MA said updated 4/23 (give or take a few days ), MA no longer has his super computer.

#29     Apr 18, 2009
  10. From contrahour.com

Economic Confidence Model Turn Date Is At Hand

Economic Confidence Model Close UP 010909A turn date in Martin Armstrong's Economic Confidence Model will be upon us on April 19th or 20th, depending on how many days you use to calculate a year. The graphic shows that the model is predicting a top at this turn date before heading down into a long-term low in June 2011. As Martin explains in the essay below, the model does not necessarily mean that a top in the Dow Industrials is at hand. For instance, the 1989 turn date forecasted a top in the Japanese Nikkei. The Economic Confidence Model was created with inputs from around the world and therefore is not limited in scope to just pinpointing stock market tops and bottoms. Personally, I am looking at the US Dollar, the Treasury market or the Shanghai market for signs of a top. All these markets have experienced strong rallies off of recent bottoms and might be ready to turn lower.

Martin Armstrong sent the following essay in February. It provides a broad overview of how he built his model and how to interpret its signals. He also provides thoughts on how government could use the model to better affect policy. While it doesn't contain any specific predictions, it is a fascinating read. Once again, I have taken the liberty to edit portions of the essay to make his ideas a bit clearer.

You can also access most of Martin Armstrong's recent essays at Scribd.com.

#30     Apr 18, 2009