Looking back over my journey = NAUSEA!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JamesEM, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Congratulation to you JamesEM,

I have followed you on youtube for awhile and you have also gave me help alone your journey.

First off, you are very good writer.

I can not relate to your consistency profitability status yet, cause I a have not witness that for myself yet. But I am enjoying the journey.

I believe the hustle has left you. The hustle to find a winning trading method that fits your personality and style. You have found it, and like you stated, all you have to do now is do your job.

Your job know is to simply buy and sell as your boss (your trading strategy) tells you too.

I believe you grew as a trader with your complete understanding of Drawdown youtube video. You understood that drawdown is not your fault, its just the trading method having losses.

So, yes, I can imagine it is a bit boring now, just taking trades and waiting for profitability.

As others may I have said, I would encourage to further validate your method via programming the strategy and see how it has done in past years. This will further allow you to understand and maybe even sell your strategy, teach to others, or improve it.

Depending on your finical goals, you may even want to scale it up.

But one thing I can say is. Great job in pursuing your passion.

Think of all the money spent and time spent study trading as simply cost of college tuition. For example, an engineer spends 5 years in college study every single day some of the complex mathematics in the world. And the engineer pays the college to learn it. Now the engineer makes money in salary after graduation.

You are currently at the graduation stage of trading. There is lots of more money to made. Remember, you have to save money for retirement one day as well. Unless you want to trade til God takes you away.

But that's all blah blah blah for now. Keep on trading and having fun while doing it. The most important thing in life is to do what you enjoy everyday, teach your kids, and do whatever you want to do. And I believe you are doing that.

Great work.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    #11     Nov 30, 2017
    JamesEM likes this.
  2. JamesEM

JamesEM

Thanks Algofy! The problem isn't so much things to do/learn as I'm always engaged in both (gardening, chopping wood and IFS for example), it's that feeling of decompression after working really hard for the longest time and then realising that you've got it. I will be busy engaging in my first two passions soon (dancing and cooking) so I'm sure that will help!

#12     Nov 30, 2017
  3. JamesEM

JamesEM

I don't feel that way about my trading business. As one person mentioned here, I study diligently and I'm very hungry but the chase is over. It's not something that consumes my whole being...difficult to explain.

And, of course, there are the real challenges of increasing size, as well as R & D to maintain/sharpen the edge but it's routine.

There's also the social factor - guess I'll have to stop working out at home and join a gym!

#13     Nov 30, 2017
  4. JamesEM

JamesEM

Thanks for your comments (and compliment re: writing!) Simple :)

Yes, my focus now is to fill my days with other personal pursuits and spend even more time with the kids. I'm now able to take my daughter to school, dance/play/sing with them both without the markets being on my mind. Within the trading itself, the plan is to slowly add size and have another account to build as a retirement fund. Although I enjoy the intellectual challenge so much that, quite frankly, I wouldn't mind trading into old age...gotta be prepared all the same!

#14     Nov 30, 2017
  5. algofy

algofy

Just be sure to be careful, I've heard stories like this and some overconfidence added with some suboptimal market conditions can be a bad thing. Not being negative just pointing that out.

#15     Nov 30, 2017
    JamesEM and donnap like this.
  6. d08

d08

That's obvious and same for me. It's very much routine and there is little newness in it. There are exceptions when I'm learning order executions in high detail, for example. For me to maintain size, locate liquidity is the hardest challenge. On that last thing, I'm ahead of you as I have a gym and pool at the compound, heh.

#16     Nov 30, 2017
    JamesEM likes this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Get a piano. A real piano.
    I don't care if you've never played.
    I promise you, from your posts and your vids... I KNOW you'll make it talk. Its in you.
    And DON'T take lessons or watch YouTube's on how to play.
    Just sit down, expand your mind, and let your hands do what your brain feels is right.
    It will be the most rewarding thing you have ever done.
    Its right up there with mastering trading.
    It works.
    You will take it and share it for the rest of your life.
    Its in you..........

#17     Nov 30, 2017
    JamesEM and SimpleMeLike like this.
  8. But is she paying you back ? :p

#18     Nov 30, 2017
    JamesEM likes this.
  9. It's probably just a good market

#19     Dec 1, 2017
    JamesEM likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

How did you do today? Today we got a little wind of the bear. I hope your last 3 weeks of consecutive winners is not due to you being long in a bull market. Were you mostly long?

#20     Dec 1, 2017
    JamesEM likes this.