looking at HP xw4600 Workstation not sure what tirm level

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NYC212, Apr 10, 2009.

1. NYC212

NYC212

I have been looking at the HP xw4600 Workstation.

I have used one and really pleased.

but Im not sure what tirm level I need?

-I will use excel programs, e-signal, my trading platform
    -would like to have 4 montiors running at once (what do I need to say when ordering with regards to the video card and graphics? and how much memory??

perfer I have some general information before calling a sales rep (they may not know, care to tell you, steer you towards what they want you buy etc)

what model and what do I need to mention to insure I can hook up 4 monitors.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF25a/12454-12454-296719-307907-296721-3429268.html

thanks in advance

2. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

I have a HP xw9300 for sale. I paid $10k for it in 2005. It works great. I've barely used it since I have another one exactly like it. Here is a link to the specs on it.

http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/lmu/images/xw9300.pdf

It has 16GB of memory and a Nvidia Quadro FX 540 video card. It has one DVI port and one VGA port. It also has room for another video card of your choice.

PM me if you have any questions.

Price is $950.

3. NYC212

NYC212

thanks for the offer, how much of a task is it too add a second video card? I did google it and it seems it isnt that bad

4. Just throwing these guys out there -- www.velocitymicro.com. I got a good system based on the i7 fairly cheaply, and the quality has been fantastic.

Take a look. I've stopped going to the big-box guys like Dell and HP because the responsiveness and customer service is not there, and they take too long to update their products lines to the really nice components.

5. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

Its not any effort at all to add a 2nd video card. As a matter of fact I can throw in a 2nd Nvidia Quadro FX 540 video card for the same price if you're interested.

The only reason I'm looking to sell it is because I have one identical to it. I don't really need 2 of them.

Thanks,

6. NYC212

NYC212

that is what Im looking for. a rig that is ready to go with the abilty to plug in 4 monitors from the start (reason I inquired about what to order)

I will keep you in mind. about a month out from buying :)

7. gnome

gnome

Dell T3400 is the equivalent of this, but Dell's price is better.

8. NYC212

NYC212

looking at those as well too.

I called HP and was told the 6600 was really made for day trading compared to the 4600 model.