Looking at a CRT vs. LCD for long period of time.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JMowery1987, Mar 8, 2006.

1. I already purchased the Dell 17" monitor. It was 15% off for tonight only, deal is probably off now.

I paid about $250. Probably would have ended up paying around $300 without the discount.

So not a bad deal I'd guess.

#11     Mar 9, 2006
  2. MRWSM

MRWSM

No flicker on an LCD due to the back light so they are more relaxing to the eyes. Also no EMF's beaming ya. Although on one of my old computers I have a quality Viewsonic CRT that is decent, I still like my LCD's better. Turning down the brightness a bit also helps.

#12     Mar 9, 2006
  3. volente_00

volente_00

IMHO swithing from CRT to LCD is like going from using trojans to bareback. There is no comparison.

:D

#13     Mar 10, 2006
  4. volente_00

volente_00

#14     Mar 10, 2006
  5. Dell UltraSharp 1704FPT

I wanted 17 inch... incase in the future I decide to do a multi-monitor set-up, I could fit more monitors on my desk.

I figured difference between 17 and 19 inch isn't that significant since it is same resolution. Just more area on the 19.

Just happy to get rid of the CRT.

I just got e-mail confirming it is shipped... so hopefully be here by Tuesday.

I'm at my sisters on her laptop right now. Just loving the quality. :)

#15     Mar 10, 2006
  6. Oh yeah.... this ROCKS!!!

It's actually bigger than I expected too.

Everything looks crisp. I spent about 2 hours trying to get it set correctly, but I think I have it very close to where I like it.

It's awesome.

Happy I made the purchase. Plus I can run eSignal, Laser, and CQG Trader all at the same time, and so much room to work with. I actually have so much room I'm still trying to figure out how to organize my layout and stuff.

So it's great.

Definately have great first impressions right now.

I think I could fit a max of 3 of these on my desk.

But looking great so far :)

#16     Mar 13, 2006
  7. chisel

chisel

If you can fit 3 then you can fit 6 (with monitor stands). Be careful, the monitor bug is addicting! :D

#17     Mar 13, 2006
  8. You can even get a bigger desk! and start all over with 19 inchers :)

#18     Mar 13, 2006
  9. How about 24 inchers!!! :cool:

#19     Mar 13, 2006
  10. He would need a fricken trading room with a "U"-shaped desk for those!!!! With a swivel chair so he can rotate.

Michael B.

#20     Mar 13, 2006