Lookin to get started with ES/NQ's

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by JUNIOR, Jul 24, 2002.

1. ramuk

ramuk

#41     Aug 16, 2002
  2. Do they their commissions exclude exchange fees ?

Would be an additional 2.42 $ per roundturn for E-Minis.

#42     Aug 16, 2002
  3. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Advanced Futures charges $2.45 per side for the E-minis
    (including all exchange fees).

#43     Aug 26, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

This is not to say that Advanced Futures isn't reasonably priced, but their advertised price of $4.90 per round turn leaves out a critical piece of information. That is, using the J-Trader platform you must either pay an additional $525 per month or pay an additional $1 per round turn. So practically speaking, for many people, their $4.90 per round turn is really $5.90 per round turn (or $2.95 per side). Like I said, still a very decent price, but not quite as competitive with brokers like IB.

#44     Aug 26, 2002
  5. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Magna,

You did a very good job describing our pricing.
    Our trading platforms: J-Trader(Patsystems) and X_Trader
    (Trading Technologies) are by far the top platforms in the
    industry.

#45     Aug 26, 2002
  6. Tasuki

Tasuki

Can anybody tell me about Fastfill for the futures? I heard at a daytraders meeting last Saturday that they have very low execution costs, but their website is not terribly informative. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks, Tasuki

#46     Aug 26, 2002
  7. def

def Sponsor

I would completely disagree. Many of the top institutions, hedge funds and largest banks use IB as well. Each platform will have its pros and cons. I know of ex-Pats and TT traders using IB who rave about the IB platform. If there platforms are so good, why is there intalled bases so low?

BTW, I'm not going out and saying the IB platform is "by far" the best out there. Personally I don't know since I haven't tried or seen all the available platforms. All I know is that with IB, I can consistantly enter an order with an accurate price and size then send it to the exchange in a flash.

#47     Aug 26, 2002
  8. Because they are not cheap or free ...

#48     Aug 26, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

The large institutions and banks aren't price sensitive.

#49     Aug 26, 2002
  10. Everybody is price sensitive ...

#50     Aug 26, 2002