Lookin to get started with ES/NQ's

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by JUNIOR, Jul 24, 2002.

1. IB is good for order entry although their quotes can suck sometimes. Less than $5 roundtrip. You will need another quote/charting package however. I use Nextrend for around $100/mth. By using an "Always on Top" program I can integrate the IB Interface into my charting platform. (Or at least make it look as if it is integrated.)

#21     Jul 25, 2002
  2. stevet

stevet

if you are planning to be a professional trader you are not going to be able to do better than Advanced Futures

#22     Jul 25, 2002

3. Could you please expand on your reasons for this.
    I am getting ready to set up a back-up broker to IB and would be interested to hear you expand on this a bit. Do you have any affiliation to them other than being a customer? Have you tried multiple brokers?

Thanks

#23     Jul 25, 2002
  4. stevet

stevet

one of the key reasons for using Advanced Futures is that they seem to be thinking about what traders want - and they have identified an important factor in what can make or break a trader -and that is commission cost

they have a good commision rate for when you start out - and since this hits your bottom line, it is a crucial factor at the start of your trading in order for you to keep trading and to build up confidence

and as importantly, they are also then able to offer further rate reductions as your trading volume increases - so you can stay with the same broker and build up a relationship that they want to keep going

with electronic trading - the concept of the old style of so called broker service has gone out of the window - nowadays traders want cheap and they want perfect - and no trader should accept anything less - and no broker should offer anything less

#24     Jul 25, 2002
  5. PKJR

PKJR

I looked at your site - it seems that you charge $1 for Jtrader in addition to $4.90 - am I correct? what are the other fees?

#25     Jul 25, 2002
  6. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

J-Trader(Patsystems)

Option 1. $1.00 Round Turn ($4.90 + $1.00 = 5.90 RT Total)

Option 2. $525.00 Monthly Fee ($4.90 RT)

Basically, if you do more than 525 Round Turns, you would
    be better off paying the monthly fee and have the $4.90
    Round Turn Price.

This gives a trader that does less than 25 Round Turns
    per day the opportunity to use a system professional
    traders and institutions use.

ADVANCED FUTURES
    --------------------------
    www.advancedfutures.com

#26     Jul 25, 2002
  7. hkaddah

hkaddah

aren't there $650 monthly fee?

#27     Jul 25, 2002
  8. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

The X_Trader by Trading Technologies has a platform
    fee of $650.00 per month
    Their trading platform is used by the major institutions
    and is now available to the retail customer.

#28     Jul 26, 2002
  9. JUNIOR

JUNIOR

Anyone else ?
    Anyone using MB for futures trading ?
    Any comments...

#29     Jul 26, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

who is MB and what is their brokerage charge?

#30     Jul 26, 2002