Look what CNBC did to Dylan Ratigan.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Mar 27, 2009.

1. The Associated Press is strongly hinting Dylan is going to ABC:

CNBC says its “Fast Money” host Dylan Ratigan has quit the financial news network.
    Under Ratigan, the quick-paced late afternoon program served as a post-game show for the day’s Wall Street trading.

His contract is expiring and he’s considered a strong candidate for a new job at ABC News. ABC spokesman Jeffrey Schneider wouldn’t address those reports but said that ABC thinks the world of Dylan Ratigan.

#11     Mar 28, 2009
  2. Dylan can now set up his new dildo sales business - He'll have plenty of customers at CNBC.

#12     Mar 28, 2009
  3. I was surprised not one of the traders on the show had the guts to say bye or thanks to Dylan on the air yesterday.

#13     Mar 28, 2009
  4. Yeah, talk about a bunch of disloyal douchebags. Those guys are scum. They always buy at the top and sell at the bottom. They're so negative when the market is down a couple days, then when we get a rally, it's like they're having orgasms on tv. What a bunch of herd traders. The only trader that has anything good to say is the brother of the football dude. He hangs out with the big boys at the CME.

#14     Mar 28, 2009
  5. HAHAHA!! Fuckin A.

#15     Mar 28, 2009
  6. Check out the bios. Pete played for several years. Jon, one. Still, great accomplishment making a team.

John started MercuryTrading, Pete joined, they sold, etc. But Pete was the player.

#16     Mar 28, 2009
  7. Indianpat

Indianpat

Posted on Dealbreaker:

When we heard this morning that Dylan Ratigan was probably out at CNBC, after a supposed row with a producer over the matter of reading viewer e-mail on-air, which D-Rat did not want to do, as it would threaten to drag Fast Money into low-brow territory, our first thought was, but what will he do without FM and the gang? Down 4 bald domes (+ K. Fine), a garish set, rapid fire cuts of the camera, the general stench of midtown, and the opportunity, on any given day, to tussle with Charlie Gasparino, would D-Rat wander the streets losing his sense of purpose and falling into an emotional hole.

Also on NY Post:

THERE was high drama at CNBC yesterday as "Fast Money" anchor Dylan Ratigan quit -- sources say today will be his last day on-air -- and an insider is blaming his battles with network big Susan Krakower.

Krakower -- the VP for strategic programming and development who co-created "Fast Money" with Ratigan -- "is partially responsible for this. She's been ignoring him for months and he couldn't get the attention he deserved," the insider said.

Page Six heard a tape of highly volatile Ratigan, who also co-anchors "The Call" and "Closing Bell," ranting to a producer at a commercial break last summer: "Don't ask me to talk about every [bleep]ing e-mail that comes up on the screen. I'm not going to host a [bleep]ing TV show that consists of reading [bleep]ing e-mails to [bleep]ing traders." He then accuses Krakower of never addressing his concerns in private. "You know what, Susan, I'm in the middle of hosting a show right now, so now is an unwelcome time to hear your voice . . . If you want to pull me off the show, please do," he roars. "[You are] rude and disrespectful. . . . You lie to me routinely."

#17     Mar 28, 2009
  8. I think Ratigan is being smart. After the in-your-face brouhaha with the Daily Show, this would be the perfect time to bail out before it's too late. I betcha anything that Uncle Sam will shut CNBC down when all this current mess is behind us.

#18     Mar 28, 2009
  9. Ratigan = GM chief?

#19     Mar 30, 2009
  10. ammo

ammo

pete played for tampa,john 1st year player for chicago, pete joined john in 89 after tampa,both balls on the line traders,this is just free money for them ......rattigan and a group of investors i hope are planning to start a real show ,the problem is all there sponsors, being brokerage houses,wouldnt sponsor the show if it told the truth....so rattigan is out of work

#20     Mar 30, 2009