Look out 2003, here I come...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by easyrider, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Watch out '03. P2 here is on the warpath also. I really stank up the joint this last year.

#11     Jan 1, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Talk about stinking up the place......I just hope to undo the damage I did to my accounts in the last 2 1/2 years I have been in the market. I have made a small start on it.....:)

#12     Jan 1, 2003
  3. toby400

toby400

Albeit there are a few snake oil vendors and brain damaged/immature people on this site, I would like to say a big thank you to all the other traders on Elite who have freely given advice, encouragement, admonishment, and time to those of us learning to trade.

For me it has been a board that's helped me convert theory into practice thereby shortening the learning curve considerably.

However, I think most will agree that the battle with ones' biggest obstacle to successful trading, oneself, only comes with practice and constant awareness.

Happy New Year Elite Trader

:)

#13     Jan 1, 2003
  4. Happy New Year everebody from overseas.
    Me too have 3 yrs live trading experience on this very date, and I'm not consistently profitable yet, but like some of the other guys here, I know that 2003 will be the year when all the pieces will fall in place - and for the first time I'm doing something else than day trades btw - because I'm sooo short right now( I guess I'm not the only one..), and I'm gonna stay that way for hopefully many weeks ahead until the markets are sooo down. :)

#14     Jan 1, 2003
  5. VictorS

VictorS

whooaaa! I thought you were rock 'n' rollin'! Must have been the second half of the year that you stumbled. Anyway keep up your good posts .

#15     Jan 1, 2003
  6. Looks like there were a bunch of us that got in right at the top. Wished I knew then what I know now.:) Thanks for all the goodwill. Expected a flame or two but I guess everybodies in a pretty good mood. What are your goals for the year? Mine are simply to end the year profitably. I dont really expect to make a lot of money this coming year as my account is small and I know it will take awhile to build it up. I dont care anything about the Porsche or the Mercedes. I have my dream vehicle, a 68 Ford Pickup that is about 75% restored. I dont need to make a living but some extra income would really be nice as I dont have much retirement built up having been a pessimist all my life and never dreaming I would live this long.

#16     Jan 1, 2003
  7. go with the BMW M5...400 horsepower. you'll beat porsche carrera's. best car in the world for the money.

review:

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/bmw/m5/4drsedan49l8cyl6m/overview.html?id=lin0006#overview

i'm thinking around july. ;-).....of course, now that i'm getting cocky, i'll probably lose money.

500k is my goal for the year. anybody have any idea what you'd have to make to be in the 10%? ETG doesn't publish numbers, so i don't have any idea.

#17     Jan 1, 2003
  8. Yeah, I was up about 45% after Feb, and I was thinkin' I was good for like a 400% year. I really stunk during both may and july, and had a few rough hits in october. During the whole rest of the time after Feb, I only put on about 45% more. I think I ended up in the low 90%'s. I am on vacation, but I'll have a complete number when I get back.

This was a sh*t year for a lot of people I know. Just a really tough trade environment. Lets hope for good ranges and lots of news in '03. The best of luck to all on ET.

#18     Jan 1, 2003
    #19     Jan 1, 2003
  10. bone

bone

Just don't force because it's the New Year. Dead on about only needing a couple of S&P Points a week or ten bond tics to make a living. Two good trades a day. Grind it out.

#20     Jan 1, 2003