Look...Now that riskarb has been banned several weeks now can he come back?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Apr 15, 2006.

1. ElectricSavant...

|[{(~BLAh~)}]|

(I figured that if there were an appropriate thread to post my opinion with just a single word, this would be it.
    I also decided that if I make my one word posts more decorative, they might slide a little bit further
    )

#41     Apr 16, 2006
  2. nbates

nbates

Well done Baron...btw: I notice ET is closing in on a 50K member milestone, congrat's to you and the staff!

#42     Apr 16, 2006
  3. This was the apology to which I referred:

- Spydertrader

#43     Apr 16, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

is respect in your vocabulary? of course, moderators should be respectful towards members.

is it your policy that others should ignore the comments of crybabies and whiners that troll the ET board.

in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to point out that the particular action/statement of a poster makes him look like a whiner or crybaby.

#44     Apr 19, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

from electric savant

"I am sure that Magna means well and is also a good trader. I simply should not assume anything"

exactly. e.g. your 1st sentence.

#45     Apr 19, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

correction: is it your policy that others should ignore the crybabying and whining
    comments of certain members that troll the ET board.

in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to point out that the particular action/statement of a poster makes him look like a whiner or crybaby.

#46     Apr 19, 2006
  7. I disagree. I think calling somebody a "whiner" or a "crybaby" is nothing more than childish name-calling, which tends to prevent worthwhile debate. If you disagree with a person's position, you should make a rational argument as to why you disagree, instead of getting lazy and simply labelling that person as a "whiner" or "crybaby". A thinking man demonstrates the invalidity of his opponent's argument, instead of simply calling his opponent names and affixing negative labels to his opponent.

#47     Apr 19, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

if you read my post again it clearly states that you are criticizing the action not the person.
    also nobody said that you should not give reasons for critcizing the action..
    there is nothing wrong with saying that the comment is the action of a cry baby or a whiner and to give supporting reasons. it is the difference between saying that a particular act is of a foolish person
    vs. saying the person is a fool.

#48     Apr 19, 2006
  9. I think you are splitting hairs. I don't think you are making a valid distinction. I don't think that there is any meaningful difference between calling somebody's action that of a crybaby/whiner, versus calling somebody a crybaby/whiner. Both involve childish name-calling as a substitute for the mental effort of rational argument against the other person's position. Both undermine the purposes and goals of this website.

#49     Apr 19, 2006
  10. Perhaps some come here for entertainment?

Both undermine the purposes and goals of this website.

#50     Apr 19, 2006