Look Ma, no indicators!!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by VictorS, Jun 25, 2005.

1. TimP

TimP

Many of the historic indicators have relied on price. It would make more sense to rely on an indicator that looks at supply and demand, as evidenced by most recent (< 1 minute) A/D ratios and by bid and ask quotes.

#31     Jun 29, 2005
  2. Makes even more sense to judge S/D by the effect of trading activity (volume) on price and by the movement of price itself.

#32     Jun 29, 2005
  3. TimP

TimP

Trading voulme influences liquidity, for sure, and to some extent prices, and changes in price influence momentum, but the future movement of the price is more strongly influenced by pending orders and whether recent orders (and thus prices) were driven more by sell orders than buy orders (or the reverse).

#33     Jun 29, 2005
  4. I don't do the one liner bullshit as you do if you can get to the end of a line.

You seem to be shooting the messenger yet once again. anything to contribute?? I didn't think so.

#34     Jun 29, 2005
  5. LOL
    amazing.

#35     Jun 29, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

You should try some one-liners, Jack.

"The messenger"?.....LMAO

#36     Jun 29, 2005
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Hey, there you go. I must be some sort of magician. That's one of your few posts I've ever understood.:p

#37     Jun 29, 2005
  8. you definitely didn't understand it as you will be finding out soon enough.

#38     Jun 29, 2005
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Whatever, Jack.

Let's see you explain in 10 lines or less how using indicators is a good or bad thing.

#39     Jun 29, 2005
  10. If prices were driven more by sell orders -- supply -- than by buy orders -- demand (or the reverse), then this is a restatement of what I just said.

As for future movement being influenced by pending orders, not unless a transaction takes place, which is a further manifestation of the dynamics of supply and demand.

#40     Jun 29, 2005