Look for alternative to Ami Broker but cheaper

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by swiftmike99, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Looking for alternative to Amibroker. I tried Ninjatrader. takes 30 second to load up charts or longer, quote tracker. Same thing really hard to use. I would like something like the DTN IQ charts but one time fee of 50-80 dollars. No fancy portoflio building, execution, indicatators, just simple charts. Something like Sterling Charts or Alphatrade charts. Anyone knows of such a package?

Thanks

2. BSAM

BSAM

Bro, if you think QT is difficult, you really shouldn't be trading.

3. I didn't mean its difficult like oh my god I can't figure it out and whatever, its just different from the 5 other packages I used, which all seemed to share what I assumed to be standard chart package features. Now I am debating whether I should switch our programer from his current project to create simple charting package or is there something off-shelf I could use. I remember someone trying to sell a charting package on here I just can't find the thread. Thanks for the insightful reply.

4. just21

just21

IB backfill in ninjatrader is very fast since the IB server upgrade last month. Also does the daily charts much better than other programs I have tried.

5. Glad to hear that, I'll give it another shot.

6. Forgot to mention I am using IQFeed, just need a front end for the data. I have my own broker software that I will use to execute trades.