look for a trading buddy in hong kong

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cwl18, Dec 2, 2011.

1. copa8

copa8

kuttrader - just curious...do you have a working visa or investment immigration or doing visa runs every 90 days? thanks.

#31     May 7, 2012
  2. vitaluna

vitaluna

Hey guys, I'm in HK

Anybody wanna chat about trading with a 4+ years xp day trader then get in touch with me on skype ID vitaluna11051972 or vitaluna11051972@gmail.com

It'd be great to share and make friends with like minded guys/gals.

#32     May 9, 2012
  3. I'm conceding moving to Honk Kong this fall from the mid west. I trade from home (CME ). Should I be concern about Internet latency and reliability in the outlying Islands?

#33     Jun 2, 2012
  4. how is it working out for the mating?
    i am interested in joining

#34     Jun 4, 2012
  5. Besley

Besley

give me a job
    and i will talk to you all day long

#35     Jun 18, 2012
  6. hi, for those of you using IB in HK. I am wondering if you know how does IB remit funds (HKD) to your HK bank account? I am using a bank in HK that says

"4.What is the bank charge for inward remittance?
    HKD60 per transaction is charged for funds remitted directly from a foreign bank. This bank charge is waived for Prestige Banking customers.

For overseas remittance to Hang Seng Bank through other local bank(s) via CHATS payment, the charge will be HKD15 per transaction depending on the currency of the remitted funds. "

thanks

#36     Jul 1, 2012
  7. luisHK

luisHK

It should be from a Citibank Hong Kong account.

Besides any idea which local bank in HK offers the least intermediary bank fees on non USD international wires, as HSBC has become a rip off a couple of years ago (saw up to 50gbp disappearing on the way) ?

#37     Jul 1, 2012
  8. lets post our skype name here

#38     Jul 9, 2012
  9. hagen

hagen

I am trading in hong kong too,

My brokers:

IB
    Tradestation
    Advantage futures

I would like to know what back has lower fees for international transfers in hong kong? now, I use HSBC.

I am triying to open bank account in Gibraltar, Andorra o Luxembourg to make lower fees in transfers between my funds and the broker.

My skype: hagencns in english or spanish

I am a swing trader in F_ES, CL, ETF bonds

I think now the main problems is how to conservate funds from bailout from a broker and how to solve the SIPC not cover Future funds.

#39     Jul 30, 2012
  10. mcdull

mcdull

Sorry for my late response.
    I assume you will use a broker with servers in HK. The latency of different districts of Hong kong is almost the same. But different connection technology can have great effect on latency (e.g. ADSL, VDSL, Fiber Optics,...)

About the reliability of outlying islands internet connection, I can't say much because I have never lived there.

I live in Kowloon upland area, ADSL connection is very bad when there is strong lightning or heavy raining. It happens 2-3 times each year and service outage is around 1-2 hours each time.

I guess connection reliability in outlying islands is similar to the reliability in my area.

#40     Aug 2, 2012