look for a trading buddy in hong kong

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by cwl18, Dec 2, 2011.

1. no, just wondering if it makes much sense to share an office and to incur this-and-that expenses if the capital is too small.

#21     Jan 22, 2012
  2. so is it too small? whats your requirement?

#22     Jan 22, 2012
  3. no no, i dont think it is too small.
    but do you need ? an office ?

#23     Jan 26, 2012
  4. well . i like to ....but obviously need a set up we all like.

whats your background?

#24     Jan 26, 2012
  5. obsidian

obsidian

I'm a prop trader in HK as well, was in SG previously. Do any of you do decent volume in SGX futures? I wouldn't mind pooling up with some like-minded people and reducing comm/getting a membership.

Do you guys use data centres in Chicago or do you run it from HK? Don't you find latency to be difficult to overcome for scalping?

I am trading mostly Asian futures with around 1.5mio usd in capital.

#25     Feb 3, 2012
  6. def

def Sponsor

I suspect you won't have enough capital or people to obtain a membership if you're looking at HK but you could qualify for the special rate program at the CME. I'm in HK (been here over 17 years). If you are interested in trading via IB (we can put in a direct lease line to our HK server) or would like to discuss the Asian markets, connectivity, the options you may have, feel free to let me know.

#26     Feb 3, 2012
  7. obsidian

obsidian

Hi Def,

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into it a bit more and PM you at some point.

Does IB plan to offer Taiwan single stocks (TWSE) and index futures (TAIFEX) anytime soon? I think if IB had that capacity I would definitely consider throwing a lot more business in that direction.

#27     Feb 4, 2012
  8. def

def Sponsor

We're looking into TAIFEX, currency/tax has been part of the hold up. In the meantime, you could look at MSTW on SGX which has decent liquidity.

For the stocks, that would be a ways off for now.

#28     Feb 5, 2012
  9. pabmove

pabmove

I've been looking for something like a trading partner in Hong Kong. Just wondering if anyone is hooking up via ims :)

I day trade or trying to to trade forex.

If anyone still out there it'll be cool for a chat and bounce ideas around since I agree with OP, it can be pretty lonely zzzz

#29     Mar 24, 2012
  10. I am back to hk next week.pubmov Will give you a buzz then.

#30     Mar 24, 2012