Look at this vile propaganda from GM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bond tr4der, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

I agree to a bailout under two conditions

1) No money goes the the unions or pensions

2) There is no limit on CEO pay. We need the best exective we can find.

#11     Nov 17, 2008
  2. the american auto industry will be bailed out, regardless

the US government takes too much pride in it, you can't lose your pride

#12     Nov 17, 2008
  3. Let them fail, and let the UAW fail. Hire back workers with no Unions involved.

#13     Nov 17, 2008
  4. no need to feed the black hole...

#14     Nov 17, 2008
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The way I see it, my money is already going to be taken from me and sent to Michigan, either as welfare or as auto bailout.

I would rather see those people working. I hate unions. Hate 'em. But throwing half of Michigan and Ohio out of work is a serious piece of business.

Now, does anybody really believe that the Alternative Energy Industry is going to produce hundreds of thousands of jobs? Explain.

#15     Nov 17, 2008
  6. we are in a very serious crap already. everybody can't be bailed out. if you spend money of crappy companies there won't be money left to bail out the better ones.

us automakers have proved beyond reasonable doubt that they are not competitive. there is absolutely no reason to think that they will ever be competitive.

#16     Nov 17, 2008
  7. Ya well, most of the citizenry were against the financial bailout...

#17     Nov 17, 2008
  8. 65blues

65blues

Bail them out, on the condition that they get the unions out, and place caps on Exec's income with no bonus structure.
    And, as someone said earlier, they need good exec's, but they don't have them now. If they did, they quality of the Big 3 would be much closer to that of their competition. And it clearly isn't now, nor has it been for many years.

#18     Nov 17, 2008
  9. First, the Auto Manufactures are to blame with their lack in catching Euro/Asia's fuel efficent cars. US auto makers continued to lag behind the rest of the world, including BMW and MERCED.

Second, the UNIONS are to blame for causing wage increase when product was not improving, forcing Auto Industry into Funding Pensions while quality and sales were slipping.

The true competition for the Auto industry are the states of Texas, Georgia, etc. Toyota and other Euro Companies are taking advantage of the non-union states that pay 10 to 17 per hour on the line vrse 25-60 per hour.

The Unions have forced the Auto big three to stay in their "States" and continue to be raped by their "bullshit demands".

Let them fail and file for bankruptcy. Once they do, it will void out the contracts with the Unions and allow the big three to reposition themselfs, and move or build in non-union states.

Yes, Pensions will fail, 100,000 plus will be outa work, small business around they will go out.....but that is the price they pay for being held hostage by the UNIONS.

Sorry folks, the Bail out is not going to happen. What I just wrote looks to be the end result, even with BIG BRUVA OBAMA at the helm.

#19     Nov 17, 2008
  10. d08

d08

Two things have ruined GM: the completely failed branding - GM cars are generally undesirable, bland and badly built with exceptions, they've also managed to completely ruin Saab (which had a pretty good image before GM, although with financial problems). The German and Japanese manufacturers have been doing just fine for the last 5 or so years while GM has consistently struggled. If the whole sector would be as bad or worse compared to GM then sure, you can blame the markets. Replace the management and there might be hope in the horizon.

My 0.02.

#20     Nov 17, 2008