Longer timeframe charts lose detail and why isn't this everyones problem?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Revan, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Revan

Revan

Hello I'm trying to figure out what the deal is, I'm looking back in time using trading view at the moment but the same thing happens with Sierra Chart, I can only look at a shorter (half hour) time frame upto a certain point in history, but I can look at a longer time frame (daily) and can proceed further into the past, the issue is this, I don't think the daily charts have the detail I need compared to the half hour chart, they lose important detail.

But at the same time I need to go further into the past to backtest strategies,

Am I doing something wrong?

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Try www.esignal.com classic delayed for $50 a month. Check how much 30 minute data they have. It is probably a lot more than tradingview.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Revan likes this.
  3. Revan

Revan

I will check them out,

Ahh! so there is a name for what I need, "30 minute data".. Yes I need long continuous amounts of 30 minute data.

Thx

4. For Sierra Chart increase the number of days to load in Chart Settings.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Revan likes this.
  6. Revan

Revan

So you're saying I can download the data from tickstory and load it into ninjatrader?

7. Revan

Revan

Ah yep, now I see.

You need to win some kind of award for your help.

ZBZB likes this.
  8. ZBZB

ZBZB

www.tickstory.com have a free version. It is not the best data according to reports but will get you started.