long term trading makes a lot of money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Coolweb is not stock. He posts in complete sentences and actually has substance in his posts. The other guy posts as if he has no idea what a coherent sentence is. I have to give him this though: He has owned the right momo stocks for the times we are in. The big question is, does he make a sale somewhere around here to actually make money?

#21     Sep 28, 2007
  2. No really guys! I was feeling the same as the OP. I was primarily a swing trader and started daytrading to see if it may be better. Trading a $100k unmargined account I've been scalping $500-$1000 some days on my favorite stocks. CRNT, GRMN, TBSI.
    Looking back I realized I got out of my postion in CRNT, 6000 shares, at about $16.00, and today she hit over $19.00.

Had I stayed in I would be up over $18k or 18% on my account with alot less work and screentime.

Don't get me wrong...I enjoy daytrading alot...I'm just trying to figure which is more profitable for me. The way the market has been behaving I lately I should be making 20% or $20k per month swinging the stock off the moving averages.

Help!

:confused:

#22     Sep 28, 2007
  3. sometimes, the temptation is so strong. but one thing is sure.

if you want to make a living on that, you do need do lots of homework, not by LUCK like winning a lotery, just like doing any kind of other jobs to make living! the only difference is: some jobs pay high, some pay low.

#23     Sep 28, 2007