Long term shorting leveraged ETF's

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by drukes1234, Aug 18, 2010.

1. atifmhmad

atifmhmad

hi
    i am Atef from egypt
    please I want to understand you about Robert Pretcher Analysis for DJIA In his book- How to Call the Market Using the Elliot Wave Principle
    about Fibonacci ratios In this image
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?6180007890.png
    How fifth wave is equal to .618 of (wave 1 + wave 3)
    As is shown in the picture with the fifth wave price equal 8893 , while the first wave and the third their length both equal 995 point
    8.9 times of w1+w3
    Tell me if I'm wrong
    and If I was wrong, how Pretcher calculated it?
    Thank you
    With my best regards

#11     Aug 19, 2010
  2. exaltedangel09

exaltedangel09 Guest

Jones, ok, clearly you are new to this because FAZ/FAS reverse split umpteen times.

I will be talking in REVERSE SPLIT TERMS

MARCH 9TH
    SHORT $50,000; FAS at $2.50
    SHORT $50,000; FAZ was at $180

BY JULY
    FAS is now $12, and you owe $200,000.. how are you going to pay up?

Of course if you could hold to n --> infinite, the etf will be at 0, but seriously, who wants to wait infinite years?

--
    BOTTOM LINE: THERE IS NO -ARBITRAGE- OPPORTUNITY. LIKE ANY STRATEGY THAT YIELDS A HIGH POSITIVE RETURN, THERE WILL ALSO BE A HIGH STANDARD DEVIATION

#12     Aug 19, 2010
  3. ha ha.. +10.. murphy's law.. when u short.. they can call u any time.. and they will.. it has happened to me..

thou will get ruined... No one can take away the money from the big BOYS.

#13     Aug 19, 2010
  4. You're kidding with me, right??? I'm sure you know that a split or reverse split is capital neutral. Therefore, it would have no impact on the p&l of a short or a long position.

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt... Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point and someone else can clarify...

#14     Aug 20, 2010