Long term short Microsoft

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mecro, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I'm not a long-term trader, but if I was...

I would consider the religious zeal of the anti-Microsoft crowd an anecdotal datapoint in favor of a long position.

#31     Apr 24, 2003
  2. Mecro

Mecro

More super claims, subtle insults but still no statements or explanations to even hint why you are so right and I am so wrong.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

#32     Apr 24, 2003
  3. man

man

Mecro
    can't help to say: your communication technique is more than rude. Why call somebody "whore" in context of trading?
    The intention of you starting this thread was obviously not to back up your trading decision with more information and dialogue. If you read others posts more carefully you would gain more than by just defending your intital perspective.

I find this discussion extremly interesting since facts I did not know before come up.

Shorting is a very difficult game within the stock market. Even market neutral hedge funds usually make almost all there money on the long side. The timing perspective is the most difficult part. Shorting MS without any sign of weakness is like leaning against an aircraft carrier. The odds are definitely against you.

peace

#33     Apr 25, 2003