Long Term Investing - Switched Style a Bit

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mropp, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mropp

mropp

I've taken a small beating with my dive into futures despite a lot of preparation. But that's OK, back to the drawing board for that instrument.

On a positive note though, my stock day trading, swings and long terms have been doing just fine. I have been looking for improvements over what I do, because I know they could be improved, but maybe I am trying to get too much out of everything instead of just increasing size on the return I can get.

I did however modify my approach to my Long Term cash account and longer swings. I finally bought and read Phil Town's Rule #1 book a while back. I must say, it is nothing particularly revolutionary (more or less Buffet/Graham in his own step by step version), but his formula for picking stocks (with some minor tweaks of my own) is pretty good darn for long terms and longer term swings.

FCX was the first one I identified and vetted and was a goldmine (no pun intended).

Anyways, just thought I would share. On ROICcommunity I saw a thread talking about a new rule 1 tool, and it has a blog which details some interesting ways to apply the method. http://blog.milkthemarket.com

Thought I would just share some positives since my futures endeavor has been negative so far. Maybe some positive news will help the karma, lol. :)