Long Term Calendar Spreads?

Discussion in 'Options' started by RedEyeFly, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Your punctuation sucked in that post of yours so it's hard to figure out what you want. Read the book "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eats_shoots_and_leaves

------------------
    forex-forex

Grammar educator

#11     Nov 4, 2008
  2. Oh, so you are a grammar educator too now?
    That book itself contains several punctuation errors...
    "an Englishwoman lecturing Americans on semicolons is a little like an American lecturing the French on sauces. Some of Truss's departures from punctuation norms are just British laxness."
    he he :D

#12     Nov 4, 2008
  3. My ideal exit is when 3-4 weeks remain. However, the high residual premium often temps me to stay with the trades longer. But, I carry many different iron condors simultaneously and base the close/hold decision of the overall risk of my portfolio.

I always close the winning side when the price gets low enough - perhaps 20 to 25 cents. I allow someone else to collect those final few nickels.

The one rule that I do not violate is to never be exposed to a surprise opening on Friday morning. Thus I exit all positions no later that Thursday of expiration week. I trade only European style index options, and settlement prices are determined as of the market open on Friday.

That works for me. I have no idea if anyone else would be comfortable trading that way.

Mark

#13     Nov 4, 2008
  4. thnk you.

#14     Nov 5, 2008