Long stock long more gold

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. It's going to be a laugh-riot when Indian buys the remaining gold, and then gold collapses into the basement. It'll be the "Reverse UK" move.

#41     Nov 25, 2009
  2. Ivan, so true. It would be too funny.

#42     Nov 25, 2009
  3. wave

wave

I am waiting for the Gold short @ 1200 and S&P short @ 1200.

#43     Nov 25, 2009
  4. Black Friday is sell day!

#44     Nov 26, 2009
  5. hajimow

hajimow

This year you are right but usually it is a quiet short day.

#45     Nov 26, 2009
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Entirely likely in my mind too, despite my long position.

#46     Nov 26, 2009
  7. I changed my mind, I bought today! :D

#47     Nov 27, 2009
  8. S&P won't reach 1200 til maybe the Santa Claus rally. After Monday, we will go back down:

#48     Nov 28, 2009
  9. While I agree with you. What I think will happen is that India will quietly sell the gold through retail channels. Remember that this is the country that has desire to own gold jewelry.

What I found to be another laugh riot is the following:

Wednesday: Gold goes up because it is the neutral currency of the world and if the world keeps printing or collapses gold will keep its value

Thursday: Dubai "collapses"

Friday: Oh you have to own dollars since it is stable. The printing of dollars is expected in recessionary times and should be watched on when times are good. (Gold drops in value)

Not even two days, two days! And already the "gold bull run" has collapsed and come to an end. Yeah gold has REAL value...

I have said it before and will say it again. Gold only has value if it is sitting in front of you doing nothing. The moment you cash it in, so will the herd and gold collapses in price... Tell me how this is difference than dot.com stocks of 2000?

#49     Nov 28, 2009
  10. sledged

sledged

I have heard way too much lately from the dumb money who are buying gold. This trade is so crowded and feels so toppy to me it isnt even funny. A college dropout told me how he just bought 12 ounces of gold because all this money that we are printing is going to lead to hyper inflation. This guy couldnt pass freshman level economics courses but hes an expert on inflation above the army of PHd's who dont see inflation for a long time. I am not ready to get short just yet because I think this hype train has some more steam in it. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how a non-institutional trader like myself can short gold other than the GLD? I want to be able to take a longer term position, is the only way to do this through futures contracts? Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

#50     Nov 28, 2009