Long over the weekend?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PhysicsTrader, Sep 23, 2005.

1. With disruption from Rita, are short-term traders planning to hold long positions over the weekend? In my limited experience, it seems markets rally in the run-up to disasters and pullback afterward.

2. empee

empee

yes, oil had every reason to rally and it didnt which portends its going lower which means when it drops we should see some pop in the market place

3. Good call. And Rita's weakening seems to make it a non-factor. 60% long!

4. never heard of the market "selling the news"???

crusshhhhhh..

Monday = just sell

5. hope nothing happens. cie la vie.

6. how come the equity markets have not rallied

further with crude oil dropping 10 % this month?

over course that drop has been quite choppy

:p

7. karol88

karol88

I'm went short over the weekend....I took a chance again. My stops are tight, so I'm ready to cover right away if things don't go my way.

I imagine that most of the people expect the markets to rally on Monday, it's like:

"...well, if we had a rally after the London bombings, and Katrina, then now with (only) category 1 Rita we will go to the moon..."

8. empee

empee

i went long on the S&P futures at the close wednesday (big down day), i'm holding long expecting a big up day to bail... I think we rally monday

9. then what? did you cover the open?

10. karol88

karol88

yes, I was forced to cover :mad: damn, that was a bright idea. I took a loss (still, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially after seeing the futures last night)...then I re-entered some of the same positions later, in and out, in and out, so I was able to make it back, and finish the day "even" . hard trading day for 0 profits :(

#10     Sep 26, 2005