LONG or SHORT here?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mvic, Jan 31, 2007.

LONG SHORT OR CHOP

Poll closed Feb 10, 2007.
  1. LONG up to new highs

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. SHORT for min 5% retrace

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. CHOP for next few months

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Mvic

Mvic

So traders step up and make your calls. Do you sell this ramp today or do you think we are going higher? I say that this is a low risk place to short (ES 1445-6) and have added more cheap puts on the ES and QQQQs. What is your green saying?

2. Hmm I can't vote. Can you please add add this option to the vote above?

(o) "MARGIN OVERNIGHT LONG WITH 100% UP ROOM TO GO"

3. S2007S

S2007S

ha 5% pullback, whats that???

The shanghai dropped 5% in one night, 5% dip is not coming for a long long time. Too many bulls = a forever rally.

4. Mvic

Mvic

5. I know a correction is inevitable, as we all do.

I believe it will be in the 1st half of this year.

Whether it's 5%, 10% or 15%, who knows.

Yet, the bulls are in charge, and I will not fight the trend where I can hedge my downward risk with rational measures.

I wonder which type of equity, growth or value, will outperform in this wacky market, though.

I also think we'll end the week down, after the market realizes the FOMC comments were far more hawkish on inflation than what was parroted to them by the talking heads in the media.

With slowing earnings growth, many, many misses on earnings for other companies, and a tightening bias built into the fed's calculations, there is more downside risk than upside reward, IMO.

When earnings decelerate, P/E rations swell. And hope built on projected earnings growth springs eternal.

6. Mvic

Mvic

This week is going to make or break for me. If we close above certain levels on Friday I will exit all my puts friday afternoon. Market internals are much stronger than I anticipated. I didn't start putting on a short position until late Dec but it looks like I was still too early. Biggest concern i have is that even though subprime seems to be having a meltdown that has spread out of the subprime area in to better quality bonds it has had relatively little effect and the homebuilders are just surging.

7. sell sell sell !!!

8. bgp

bgp

i dont believe in a correction . why ? we all lived happily ever after.:)

bgp

9. wow... didnt even notice this post!!

NICE CALL BRO$$$

I love no risk going long indexes overnight for free money $$$

10. Mvic

Mvic

Second thoughts no sense waiting until Friday. If we don't get some kind of retrace today the puts are history.

#10     Feb 1, 2007