Long only Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joovenile Jatt, Aug 5, 2010.

1. If you look at some of these death crosses, they were points of rally. [​IMG]

#41     Aug 9, 2010
  2. ammo

ammo

shorts or rollovers are easy to spot but its easy to be 3 days early as they soak up the bulls near a tl and when they start to thin out , it dumps ,longs are at the lower tl's ,they hold more often than the uppers ,if you apply the 70% of the time we are moving up adage,....presently we seem to be in a rollover or topping pattern

#42     Aug 9, 2010
  3. ptrjon

ptrjon

[​IMG]

When the moving averages cross, imagine a twinkie exploding.

#43     Aug 9, 2010
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Good for you! 'Tis a silly signal :p

Petsamo, as ET's resident mom, I need to ask you this difficult question with regard to all these little animated blips you've been including in your posts: Are you on drugs? :D

#44     Aug 9, 2010
  5. This got me wondering - ran my models (S&P e-mini)

There was no statistical difference between win/losses across long/shorts.

What instrument would you need to trade for there to be a difference?

Wondering?

#45     Aug 9, 2010
  6. Just buy every dip like I did today again another great day. I've never loved a crawling market so much. You get long, sit back, let the HFT's manipulate the price up and take profit.

Wait

Then Repeat

Wait

Then Repeat

Wait

Then Repeat

Wait .......................... :D

#46     Aug 9, 2010
  7. The above strategy isn't advised in the two hours after tommorrow's rate decision. Especially if they hike rates :p

#47     Aug 9, 2010
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Buy every dip, short every rally, makes no difference intraday. What makes the difference is how you manage the trades.

BTW, do you post your trades? Or just say "buy every dip"? :D

#48     Aug 9, 2010