Long live Seth Tobias R.I.P

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bat1, Apr 30, 2008.

1. bat1

bat1

The widow of money manager Seth Tobias was having an affair with her personal trainer at the time of Tobias' mysterious drowning death, claims one of the couple's former employees.

Former assistant Bill Ash - who has told police that Seth's widow, Filomena, plotted to murder her husband - says she had been seeing celebrity fitness guru Doug Caporrino for months before Seth's death last September.

Seth, who was 44, and Filomena, 41, had "an under-standing in which they could see other people on the side, so long as Filomena didn't embarrass him in public," Ash tells us. But Ash contends the CNBC commentator was threatening to divorce her.

In February 2006, the couple got into a heated argument when Seth found her dining with another man at a Palm Beach restaurant, according to a police affidavit.

"Filomena and Seth were screaming obscenities at each other," local TV station WPBF station reported, citing an arrest affidavit. Police busted Filomena after she slapped Seth, who had "accused his wife of sleeping around," the station reported.

Filomena later told police she was defending herself, the station reported. In the police report, Filomena accused Seth of using cocaine and claimed he regularly beat her, the station reported.

Shortly after the incident, Ash says, Filomena "turned for comfort" to trainer Caporrino, whose clients have included Sylvester Stallone, John Travolta and Eddie Murphy. Caporrino also appears on "Live With Regis and Kelly."

"She was taking him to parties," says Ash. "I asked her if they were having sex. She hemmed and hawed and said, 'It's on a spiritual and emotional level.'"

In an April 27, 2007, e-mail that Ash says Caporrino sent Filomena, the trainer - shown above with Filomena in a photo sent to us by Ash - writes: "It's so funny that there are so many feelings so quickly between us. I don't question it, only wonder why it took so long for 2 people from Hoboken to find a way into each other's lives."

In a May 16, 2007, e-mail, Ash says, the trainer wrote Filomena: "You make every day of my life and every event special ... I love you, Fil."

Since Seth's death, Filomena and Caporrino have remained close, spending the holidays in Aspen, according to Ash.

Caporrino didn't respond to calls and e-mails from us Thursday.

"We deny everything that comes out of Mr. Ash's mouth," said her attorney, Gary Dunkel.

Meanwhile, a Palm Beach County judge delayed the trial over Seth's fortune while his brothers, who also claim Filomena killed him, gather evidence

http://nymag.com/news/features/43914/

She killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

2. [​IMG]

3. The higher up the ladder the worse it gets...look at the Britsh Royal family for example.

4. Seth Tobias took too much Ambien (sleeping medication to bring him down from the cocaine) and simply fell asleep and drown in his pool. All the conspiracy theories surrounding his death have been created by Billy Ash and fed to the media. Ash is a convicted con man looking to prosper from Tobias' death. He will say anything if Tobias' brothers pay him enough.
    From everything I've read or seen, there is no EVIDENCE to link his wife to Tobias' death. Ultimately, his lifestyle choices are what led to his death.

5. bat1

bat1

Seth, seemed to be such a nice guy, he had it all!
    what we Traders could only dream about, Running a Hedge Fund
    Millions in the bank, Big house. ..and one wrong move with
    sleeping pills and he's dead..:confused:

I still think there's more to his death and if his wife did do it
    or even helped in his death I hope she rots in Hell.

[​IMG]

6. SO, Seth was dumb and did not know the imminent dangerous situation of the combination of a pool of water and a powerful sleep inducing drug...He killed himself then ?

Or was there someone "near by" to "help" him into the water ?

7. Easy money and easy women are always bad combination!

8. bat1

bat1

Ladyalhanna Jan 18, 2008 9:19:07 AM Report Offensive Post
    The only reason this broad isn't in jail is because she's got money. If I killed my husband, my **** would be in jail not in Aspen skiing or whatever. Bill Ash knew this woman and her husband for a long time according to the things that I've read. He has a past, and who doesn't these days? That doesn't automatically make the man a liar or a gold digger. He's said from the get go that she drugged Seth with sleeping pills. Now the cops find a ziploc bag full of-gasp-crushed sleeping pills. That woman's lawyer is denying everything Mr. Ash says because it's the truth, which will mean dolly doesn't get anything from Seth's estate and that bottle blonde wants the money.

macandpat Jan 18, 2008 11:08:03 AM Report Offensive Post
    What is going on in Jupiter Fla? Is the police dept. run by Barney Fife? I am reminded of the JonBenet Ramsey case here. How much more evidence do they need? I agree with Lady on this. If anyone else had done this they would be under the jail right now. It makes you wonder how much money Phyllis has donated to the police dept. in Jupiter. I would like to see Nancy Grace of court tv do a show on this case. A hard nosed investigator like her might be able to get to the bottom of this. 380 doses of Ambien...are you kidding me! I took one dose and was knocked out for hours. Come on Florida. Get your act together.

Gmanfan35 Jan 18, 2008 11:24:34 AM Report Offensive Post
    Following this story - it gets more and more bizarre. It seems pretty clear that this woman was cheating on her husband and wanted him dead to get his money. She called friends before 911 - that's enough proof for me. What I can't figure out is why toxicology reports take 5 months to come back. Wouldn't a lab just test everything and have the results? If you had blood tests ordered by your doctor and it took this long, you'd be dead by the time they came back. It certainly seems like money is covering something up here and it's time to ask why the police are dragging their feet on this. I have seen convictions on less evidence than what they have here. I also haven't heard anything that would indicate she didn't do it.

Aint_Haten_On_U_Yet Jan 18, 2008 12:29:05 PM Report Offensive Post
    she did it. and that lawyer/ex husband of hers was in on it. why else would he be defending her even after she tried to kill him too? i would say this investigation is like the keystone kops with goomer pyle heading them. a pure dayum disgrace

johnnysain Jan 19, 2008 2:46:38 AM Report Offensive Post
    Mr and Mrs Smith?

HankT Jan 19, 2008 9:04:06 AM Report Offensive Post
    YAWWWN!!!- geez, even left-wing gossip is boring.

Beth888 Jan 19, 2008 11:05:39 AM Report Offensive Post
    I've been reading about this story and I agree that someone needs to look in to how much money has Filomena donated to the Jupiter police that there hasn't been an arrest already. I've seen people get convicted on a lot less. How many attorney's does Filomena have and why if she did nothing wrong would she have so many? I don't think OJ had as many attorney's? They have been bashing the main witness Bill Ash saying he has a past. Everything he has said for months is coming to the light. This will be a great book! GREAT STORY!!!!

galleygoddess52 Jan 22, 2008 6:21:25 AM Report Offensive Post
    I hope this woman doesn't getaway with this murder. I agree that the money she has is helping her out alot in avoiding this being dealt with now rather than later. Her reputation in past relatioinships says alot and hopefully it ends here before someone loses their life. How terrible to lose a life rather than just letting go and moving on.

WallStreeter Feb 5, 2008 3:19:03 PM Report Offensive Post
    First let me tell you that Billy Ash did great at the depostion and told the truth on what he was told happened that night that Seth Tobias was murdered. Billy was not in Florida the night Filomena killed Seth and only knows what Filomena told him. Billy has passed a polygraph. The tox report confirms his story on what he was saying for 5 months. It's sad that Filomena killed her husband Seth Tobias and her third husband Jay Jacknin told her to use his cell phone when talking to Billy in case her phones were taped. It's also sad that Jay Jacknin got onthe phone and called Billy from his office, cell and than several times from his home to tell him to lie in probate. That call was taped of Jay telling Billy to lie. It's very sad that Billy Ash had to hire a private P.I.'s to go and get statements from all past workers of Filomena's and Jay's that they pay there workers in cash and won't give 1099's and than make threats about taxes when the worker's don't do as ordered and Jay's offi

WallStreeter Feb 8, 2008 6:19:13 PM Report Offensive Post
    Cops Hand Over Seth Tobias Case To The D.A. Filomena has been seen at the pool of The Palm Beach Breakers living it up! Look at the facts in the case. It sure looks like murder to me! There is a full page story on page 22 in The Globe and a cover story coming next week. Filomena cancelled her depostion because they are expecting an arrest and don't want any statements under oath. God Bless Bill Ash for coming forward!

9. bat1

bat1

what a money hungery slut!

10. I have met Seth a few times between '99 - '02. I have a lot of trouble reconciling my memory of him, as a normal, nice guy, who doesn't flaunt money, with what the media portrayal of hard living, kinda of "outrageous life".

It is bizarre (to me at least) that the media is making a huge deal of Seth's "wealth". Personally I don't think someone with around 25M in assets as wealthy (or at least as glitzy as media make it out to be). I have come to realize that wealth is a state of mind, not a figure. Maybe I just have that NY warped sense of reality, heh.

#10     May 4, 2008