Long Intc....looking For Ideas

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mschey, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I had this on as a pair with AMD a few weeks back. Other possiblilities are TXN, NSM. The spread with AMD is up over $4, which is a very big move.

#21     Jan 18, 2006
  2. I thought about that...but...I just don't see spreads doing there normal mean reversion lately. In fact, they seem to be blowing out to new historic levels. I actually thought about going long AMD, short INTC, and now that I check it I should have.

Instead, I got out, then shorted INTC, then Covered around 40 and will likely buy back around the close.

Thanks for your input!

EDIT: Damn....last night I decided that short INTC, long AMD was a good trade to make with a tight stop, quote problems this AM put me off of my game and strategy. Well, as I previously stated, I will look to TRADE this stock over the next two months to get back some money!

#22     Jan 18, 2006
  3. Arnie

Arnie

You're right about them trending. I had to eat some serious losses today because I had been adding another leg on some pairs that were going against me. Finally bit the bullet. The biggest problem I have with pairs is knowing when the pair is "not working". Maybe place more emphasis on the fundamentals. Anyway, back to scalping.

#23     Jan 18, 2006