Long equity, *short US Dollar* is Bernanke Zimbabwe's bailout trade

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by option_trad3r, Aug 15, 2009.

1. I think ZAR could double in a few months.

Bernanke has been picked for the 2nd term. More aggressive bear raid on the US dollar soon!

#41     Aug 24, 2009
  2. USD/JPY looks very pretty.

This sh*t is going parabolic ...hahaha .. the face of those still holding US dollars with no other currencies as they keep listening to deflation & Prechter's US dollar bottom calls on Bloomberg and CNBC... *priceless*

I love Ben 'Zimbabwe' Bernanke :D

#42     Aug 30, 2009
  3. kaciara

kaciara

not sure about shorting USD 'till commodities are $$ priced

#43     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Beginning this September, every single uptick in the US dollar in any other currencies will be sold. You've seen what happened with gold.

Bernanke can't fight it as he simply has no exit strategy. All he can do as an academic is to practice the art of printing money.

#44     Sep 4, 2009
  5. Now you can say goodbye to your beloved US dollar.

'Zimbabwe' kind of currency crash will be unleashed in a matter of weeks.

... don't forget to thank Bernanke and Obama for the 'Cash for Clunker', 'Cash for Refridgerator','Cash for Washing Machine', Healthcare, and other upcoming debt monetizations.

U.S. Dollar Will Weaken, Currency Crash Possible, Roubini Says

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a.SW_71xPhjA

#45     Sep 4, 2009

6. "“If markets were to believe, and I’m not saying it’s likely, that inflation is going to be the route that the U.S. is going to take to resolve this problem, then you could have a crash of the value of the dollar,” Roubini said in an interview today in Cernobbio, Italy."

Come on, dude. Don't blow it out of proportion.

#46     Sep 4, 2009
  7. Who are you to question one of the top economists in the world? (seriously) And what makes you think that you have any idea what his exist strategy is? The level of economics would fly way over your head.

#47     Sep 7, 2009
  8. not questioning it at all, my friend. Just profiting from it. I'm just someone who profited +60% as of this March from Bernanke's plan and I will profit again from his inability to exit his QE. Actually he's going to do more of that despite what he said about easing his QE. I'm betting on it.

By the way, they're gonna ban shortselling soon! :D Better cover soon, boy. BOOYAH! :D

to kaciara, you wrote:
    Hey, it was also priced in sterling many years ago before you were born :)

#48     Sep 8, 2009
  9. I keep hearing about how the US dollar bottoming, with Elliot Wave and so forth. Maybe someone can explain the math. The gov't debt cannot be paid at all. They're paying interest with another debt. It's a ponzi scheme and someone will be left holding the bag.

US Dollar is still very overvalued compared to AUD, CAD, EUR. Yes, even at this level.

Even if the dollar bounces, it's another opportunity to get out of the currency, in my opinion. When your average joes find out, it will be too late to get out. The exit door will be jammed. Could happen overnight, just like Argentina.

There will be intervention and whatnot, but it should be viewed as a blessing.
    Recently, there has been talk about raising interest rate and whatnot, it's not going to happen this year or even next year. It's an attempt to jawbone US Dollar shorts, just like in 2008.

The world will never run out of US Dollar.

In case people don't remember, poundsterling was also the reserve currency a long time ago.

#49     Oct 1, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

The dollar is going to collapse, plain and simple.

#50     Oct 1, 2009