Loners get easily suckered into daytrading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jan 4, 2010.

1. crgarcia, you said yourself that you are NOT an active trader.

so WHAT THE F*** are you doing on this site?

we all wanna know...really !!!

#31     Jan 7, 2010
  2. Was reading this article and was reminded of this thread:

"A mad scheme to kill a scientist"
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-na-scientist-murder7-2010jan07,0,1907606,full.story

""You only played chess with Walt two or three times because you were always humiliated," said John Eveleigh, a British biochemist who worked at Sartory's side. "And I played chess for Oxford, so I wasn't an amateur."

Sartory was treated most of his life for paranoid schizophrenia. He believed the CIA trained ants to spy on him. He battled social phobias so acute that he turned down a high-paying job rather than submit to an interview.

When Sartory retired in 1992, he shut himself in a tiny apartment and used algorithms to invest on Wall Street. The savant built a $14-million portfolio before the stock market crashed last year, records show."

#32     Jan 7, 2010
  3. Is this you? :confused:

trading/investing is a zero sum game (you should read that book). This profession required you and your trades, and nothing else. Tune on the BS and trade with some guideline, and an exit strategies on your losing trades, you should do fine.

the problem with noobs is that they took profit too early and let losses rise. People don't know what to do when the trades went against them is the biggest mistake that i've seen...

This is not for everybody, you either have a love for the market or you shouldn't be trading at all.

#33     Jan 7, 2010
  4. I asked Garcia this and he put me on ignore. I guess facing the issues that make zero sense to everyone make him very uncomfortable :)

#34     Jan 7, 2010
  5. Trading is a mental game and not a team sport. You don't play poker on a team or chess.

#35     Jan 7, 2010
  6. Why are you so bitter crgarcia?

Also why do you keep reiterating about only negative aspects of trading?

Chris.

#36     Jan 8, 2010
  7. One brilliant loner does not make all the loners successfull. face it, social skills are very, very useful, and loners are people that don't take advantage of that, even though it is one of the easiest skills to exploit (nepotism runs high in the US, more than in Europe)

#37     Jan 8, 2010
  8. Rando33

Rando33

Wow. Maybe Garcia put you on ignore becaurse he is still a loner.

He still needs a cure, LOL.

I guess I am not a loner anymore since this is my first post on this site.

Serious question. Is there a good forum on trading techniques?

#38     Jan 9, 2010
  9. MJ888

MJ888

I rather be a loner than to follow the herd.

Social skills at work is really about bullshitting. Talking crap about last night's game, politics, family drama. Really, who cares!

I trade for a living. I make very good money. And I have a very healthy social life when I am not trading.

Who needs coworkers and a boss? I don't.

People who say that people who trade can't make it or will lose it all are the real LOSERS because they failed at trading.

#39     Jan 10, 2010
  10. Vista

Vista

If you want to go up the corporate ladder, you gotta be real pro at this.

#40     Jan 10, 2010