Lone shooters now treated as terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

Surely this will not be an exception.

2. Wallet

Wallet

I think the question will end up being did he actually act alone. His motivation on the surface seems apparent, Anti-USA.

But reports are coming out the guy had a dinner party the night before where he showed mass shooting footage. There’s also reports that others were filming the shooting. So one has to question did others know what was about to happen and were they complicit.

Time will shed more light.

Edit. https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...g-videos-at-dinner-party/11777682?pfmredir=sm

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  3. Cuddles

Cuddles

The argument I'm making is authorities decided to call it a terrorist act to bypass due process. I'm not entirely opposed to it if it's applied in equal measure, not just when it comes to muslim shooters.

4. Wallet

Wallet

Does the fact it happened on a DOD/Military base, or by an uniformed member of another country have any bearing?

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Remains to be seen, but the statement from the FBI did not elucidate that in any way, thought he wording may have just been atrocious.

Deeming Friday’s attack “terrorism” can help speed the investigation, FBI special agent-in-charge Rachel Rojas said Sunday in a press briefing.

“It appears this may be somebody who was radicalized,” O’Brien said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” program. “It looks from what we’re seeing in the public reports, this looks like something that’s terrorism or something akin to terrorism.”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fbi-says-florida-shooting-terrorism-183312286.html

6. Wallet

Wallet

I took this as another Green on Blue attack, difference being it took place here and not on foreign soil. Question arises is this a military matter or local jurisdiction homicide. If the latter, then yes, having the FBI/Terrorism designation, given the international circumstances might preserve some evidence and/or possibly alter or stop this from escalating if true.

7. Wallet

Wallet

8. Overnight

Overnight

You folks have ZERO realization of how impactful the 9/11 attacks were on this country. It was a really big deal. I mean, BIG. Last time this happened, we dropped nukes on Japan in retaliation. Yeah, this is a different time and age of reason, but dudes...

9/11 was BIG. And so we realize that this terrorism shit has GOT to STOP. Nip it in the bud before we get a dirty bomb across our borders. So we profile perhaps wrongly, we inconvenience some folks...But the safety of the nation is paramount.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

you make it sound like we didn't witness the towers come down live. We're not some young idealists.

10. Wallet

Wallet

Who you talking too?

#10     Dec 8, 2019