London, UK is not cool anymore - I'm leaving

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brendan R, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Just so we know, exactly where does Alexandre,swingtrader and buylosellhi come from?

#181     Nov 16, 2008
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I live there :)

#182     Nov 16, 2008
  3. London is fine ... for a 7 day vacations. Anything more than that, and it requires a lot of money a lot more. :D

#183     Nov 16, 2008
  4. Post containing foul language will continue to be deleted from this forum. Please keep it civil no matter how passionately you may feel about expressing yourself. :)

#184     Nov 16, 2008
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

That's not even funny, clearly an ex-council flat is now called a "city pad", great sense of humour. About 13 years ago that flat would have cost about 50k tops, there is simply no justification of todays valuations of similar types properties, simply because it is close to the City & Docklands, but essentially it is pure shite, just like another poster said.

#185     Nov 16, 2008
  6. I hail from just north of the rotting, smoldering, rusting former auto capital of the world, Ye' Olde World Motor City (Detroit), U.S.A.

Think Mad Max meets Escape from L.A.

#186     Nov 16, 2008
  7. Old Labour, New Taxes, another reason to leave if you make more than GBP 150k:

Taxes for high earners increased by more than 10%

this bolchevik government is hiking taxes from 40% to 45% (46% when you include NI), let's get the fu?k out of here, the place is stinking

#187     Nov 24, 2008
  8. just21

just21

#188     Nov 26, 2008
  9. I vote to go to Gibraltar. Still British but with that wicked Spanish flavor.

Or perhaps Malta.... they do speak English and it is close to Red Sea for diving. :D :D :D

#189     Nov 26, 2008
  10. went for a stroll towards Shoreditch, just outside the city. The place looks like a third world country type of slum. I will post some pictures.

The situtation here is getting worse and worse. Woolworth, a big retailer, is shutting down. People are losing their jobs in droves. It's crazy.

I will post an update next week on what's happening on the war front.

Ugly times, ugly place. May the Queen save us.

#190     Nov 28, 2008