London, UK is not cool anymore - I'm leaving

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brendan R, Sep 2, 2008.

1. i think I know what you mean but would be nice if you can expand on what you mean ?

#121     Oct 27, 2008
  2. I am not sure what you expect from a nation of yobs and chavs

#122     Oct 27, 2008

3. uuumm

#123     Oct 27, 2008
  4. From your own data, out of the top 20 countries only 3 are from Eastern Europe the other 17 are not. How is this table supporting the "invasion" of Easter Europeans????

#124     Oct 27, 2008
  5. I enjoyed my time in London, nice airport for plan spotting, but I enjoyed Nottingham much more. Haven't been back to judge the cultural change, but I do recall the locals trying to passify the Muslim minority. Not a good sign. I wonder if Londoners have given in to political correctness, and have accepted their fate as subservient to islam. Anyone been there recently to see this?

#125     Oct 27, 2008
  6. d08

d08

The number of crimes committed divided by the number of people of that nationality is what matters, the absolute number is useless since the poles are probably the largest group of immigrants. My guess is that Romanians will win this one.

#126     Oct 27, 2008
  7. Dated a Romanian gymnast once. Damn........................:p :D

#127     Oct 27, 2008
  8. Romanian gymnasts count as flexible workforce:)

#128     Oct 27, 2008
  9. A collapse in tax revenues will send government borrowing soaring above £60 billion this year, it emerged last night.

Gordon Brown is preparing to tear up his “golden rule” on debt in order to fund a massive spending spree to counter the looming recession. Some economists predict that the level of government borrowing could reach £110 billion by 2011.

The triple shocks of the financial markets crash, housing slump and rising inflation will cause a drastic reduction in the billions of pounds that the Treasury normally receives in stamp duty, corporation tax and income tax, combined with the need to spend more on benefits.

But Alistair Darling will confirm tomorrow that new, “flexible” financial rules will be introduced to allow the Government to borrow as much as £3,225 for every person in the country in an effort to stave off an even deeper recession. (Source: The Times).

Gordon and Alistair, two bozzos with no clue.

Short GBP.

#129     Oct 28, 2008
  10. Gordon Brown has long experience from the UK finance ministry (over 10 years, the longest serving UK chancellor for 200 years) and from the IMF.

I think Gordon Brown has a lot more clue than Henry Paulson or George W. Bush - and Brown has been hailed by many leading economists around the world for acting quickly and decisively with the right kind of measures. The UK adopted the same bank rescue strategy as the Scandinavian governments some decades ago, which has been a proven success. Mexico did some home re-mortgaging when they went through a strong crisis, and this may have some merit as well for the US.

#130     Oct 28, 2008