London post-brexit as a financial center

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Dec 12, 2018.

1. schweiz

schweiz

I don't agree.
    A part of Europe signed yesterday "The UN migration Pact" in Marrakesh which means opening all gates for illegal immigration and making sending illegals back almost impossible. The US at least refused to sign, as well as Canada, Australia, Israel, Poland, Hungary, Czech republic, Bulgaria and Croatia.
    75% of Europeans are against illegal immigration and want to close all the borders, but politicians don't listen to them. That's the new "European democracy".

#11     Dec 12, 2018
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Reuters is hugely biased against Brexit. Worse than the BBC. Just bear that in mind.

London's fortunate geographical position, rule of law and regulation and hundreds of years of know how means it will remain the largest financial centre on the planet.

#12     Dec 12, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

You should be lucky if your British dealer is regulated by the FCA in UK. FCM is a NFA/CFTC term and is not really used in UK. The FCA is one of if not the best financial regulator in the world. If one of its regulated firms goes down, you are 100% guaranteed to get your money back and it is one of the most effective regulator that goes after financial crimes. Anybody would be a fool not wanting to invest with a UK broker regulated by FCA just because UK is not part of EU anymore. Which financial firm would you rather trust your money with? A firm in UK regulated by the efficient and able FCA or a firm overseen by the confusing and bureaucratic EU financial regulator?

#13     Dec 12, 2018
    Visaria likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Ok so the British monarchy is not the only one who's benefitted from that and honestly for everything that she's done for Europe, she deserves every single of penny of it if not more.

#14     Dec 12, 2018
    Visaria likes this.
  5. So, who exactly is boss in Europe? The UK? I thought the UK decided to leave? Since when does a self governed, democratic region (Europe) not have sovereign decision making power over its trade agreements and relationships with outside nations? Are you just here to stir up discontent or what is your rational? Seriously asking because you make very little sense.

The UK can decide unilaterally what it wants its relationship with Europe to look like. But obviously deals rely on two parties that need to agree. What we see right now is a powerless British prime Minister who can't handle her own parliament and agrees to deals with Europe without the slightest backing and support within her own country. That is a testimony of how poorly the UK is governed right now. The EU had each and every of its 27 member nations sign on the agreed Brexit deal only to have a few chaotic British wanna be politicians make all that effort worthless.

How about in the second round that the UK get its fucking act together, agree internally first what is up for negotiations and what not. And then they can approach the EU to negotiate. What the UK has done for decades is to extract special concessions out of the EU that no other EU member Nation got. Now they want to exit. Then just fucking exit. Don't be a drama queen and just do what you say. Walk the fucking talk.

#15     Dec 12, 2018
  6. Cannot agree more. I am tired of the many hours of wasted talk on brexit on all major financial finance TV networks. I can't hear it anymore. Let's just move on. The UK should just do what it decided in its public referendum. I am proud European and I am extremely proud of how tough my representative politicians in Brussels negotiated for us to get an acceptable deal for Europe. Fucking proud. Central Europe now has the perhaps best welfare and health care system in the world. The envy of the world. All that is financed and backed in a solid way. Yes average taxes for the extremely rich are higher than elsewhere but the super rich understand the rational and accept it else there would none of them be left. We don't suffer a drug epidemic, we don't have to be scared to walk around outside at night (at least in most places). I love the model of a social market economy. It strikes the fairest balance. Nothing is perfect. But as US resident I believe I have a proper perspective of what does not work for most people and what does. The US is facing some grave choices and consequences. What is for sure is that the current system will not survive for that much longer, which is to enrich a tiny 1% at the expense of the masses. The commoners have figured out the lopsided deal and are revolting. In that regards Europe is light-years ahead of the UK and the US.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    #16     Dec 13, 2018
  7. Oh Geez. Let me guess Poland or Hungary or Greece? One of the countries who contribute next to nothing, suck all subsidies, want to remain as white as Swiss cheese and constantly bicker and complain. Yes, burdens are shared equally in a union. Not only goodies but also the cost. Don't fucking join the EU if you only want goodies but pay no price. One of the principles of the EU is to recognize and support suffering people seeking refuge from terror and death. We can debate debate mistakes and errors made in the implementation details to grant reglfuge to percecuted people but thankfully the EU will never be like Australia in that regards, which locks up refugees in concentration camps which are situated not even it's own sovereign territory. Same shameful and inhumane treatment as the entire Guantanamo bullshit.

#17     Dec 13, 2018
  8. All those protests in France and other countries by populist imho is greatly inflated by media and certain groups with vested interests. Poll after poll in all countries show that the vast majority of Europeans want to be governed by a unified body love the Euro and are willing to pay the price in exchange for all the benefits the EU brings. Just pointing out the facts. France has had protests throughout its entire history. Calling for a radical change just because of the latest protest is like calling for the imminent collapse of Japanese government bonds. How many times have PMs been badly hurt by making such calls? I can't count.

#18     Dec 13, 2018
  9. Hmm, they must be doing something right. Best welfare system in the world. Best health care in the world, one of the best education system in the world, peace and prosperity. Most equal opportunities among any democratic western nation. Product and food safety that is only rivaled by Japan. Light-years ahead the US or any other western nation. Perhaps not in the country you come from (you seem to have an issue to mention which country that is) but don't fear my friend, the subsidies your former country enjoys from the many millions the EU pumps into that country will bring the standards there to EU standards soon. And hey, in case you reside anywhere in the UK or Europe you are a hipocrite. You yourself greatly benefit to choose wherever in the EU you wanna work and live, thanks to a unified governing body that hacked out unified rules and laws for all countries within the EU.

Perhaps you really should give commedy a try because you are definitely not up to speed on European history and the political and social system and its advances.

#19     Dec 13, 2018
  10. Yep would love to see all those happy unemployed UK auto workers without jobs because no American or European car manufacturer would base there nor would any Europeans buy those shit cars. Neither would there be any jobs on the current scale in finance in London. All European derivatives and bonds and stocks would be traded and settled in Europe. What would be left for the UK? Fishing, a bit of oil drilling and getting drunk?

Love all those EU naysayers who have been proven wrong for decades now Each time they call for the imminent collapse they are fucked deeply up the arse, and the EU reaches now heights. Good luck predicting time and again the demise of the EU. You make a horrible trader by constantly betting on the 10 standard deviation event.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    #20     Dec 13, 2018