London Olympics 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 27, 2012.

1. .:).

#31     Jul 31, 2012
  2. August 8, 2012

SouthAmerica: Americans don't know how to lose with class.

The United States had 40 percent more athletes participating of the 2012 London Olympics than China, and China still managed to beat the United States in the number of gold medals and also in total medals.

And the “cry babies” still want to find a justification and as usual want to fudge the data to show a result that it is favorable to the United States.

Americans fudge the data so much about everything that they don't know anymore the difference between what is real and the make believe stuff that they make up all the time about economics data, government data, bank financials, and so on....

Americans live in a make believe world....

The only thing that we can do is laugh about the usual cry babies.....

Name of country (number of athletes of that country participating on 2012 London Olympics):

China (380 athletes)
    United States (530 athletes)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...ds-china-real-medal-count-220604173--oly.html

Who wins the 'real' Olympic medal count?

China wouldn't be the current medal leader if you only counted sports that are judged objectively.

United States leads China in ‘real’ medal count – August 7, 2012
    “The Real Medal Count” or “The Cry Baby Medal Count”

#32     Aug 8, 2012
  3. jem

jem

SA, is rooting against the US in the medal count worth posting? It ssems petty.

Your dems are printing... 2.3 dollars in debt for every dollar of gdp.
    We are watching the dems turn the us into a carcass and you are rooting against us in the medal count.

how about some articles on how balancing the budget in the U.S. might help Brazil.

how about suggesting a pan american trade zone with tariffs to replace personal income tax. And that we disallow any lobbying on the issue. Its just voted on by the the people.

#33     Aug 8, 2012
  4. August 8, 2012

SouthAmerica: Regarding the 2012 London Olympics...

Jem, this article shows “sour grapes” of a loser more than anything else.

And when you take in consideration that the United States had 40 percent more athletes participating of the 2012 London Olympics than China, and China still managed to beat the United States in the number of gold medals and also in total medals then the US performance becomes even worse.

United States leads China in ‘real’ medal count
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...ds-china-real-medal-count-220604173--oly.html

By the way, the only sport that I have been watching on this Olympics it is the man's soccer – other than that I have seen a minute here and there on the news about some highlight that they happen to show in the news.

I never watch the Olympics anyway other than soccer...

I saw on the news the race that Bolt won breaking a world record – I would like to see him play as an Oakland Raiders receiver.

By the way, I am rooting for Brazil as I always did and I hope Brazil will win the gold medal of soccer finally.

Jem said: “how about some articles on how balancing the budget in the U.S. might help Brazil.”

Brazil and the BRICS are already fixing that problem with the new BRICS bank which will replace the IMF and the World bank. And the BRICS countries started trading among themselves in their local currency instead of the US dollar.

The US dollar is losing its status as the main world reserve currency one step at the time, and a lot of countries are trying to diversify from the US dollar as fast as they can.

And I have been suggesting for the last year and a half for the Brazilian Central bank to dump their US$ 350 billion in foreign currency reserves in US dollar and they should replace most of it with gold reserves.

South America already has the Mercosul a trading block for South American countries, and they just accepted Venezuela as a member of that trading group.

#34     Aug 8, 2012
  5. jem

jem

I was suggesting a framework that would really work.

I was not expecting a rehash of previous ideas.
    your past ideas have been a mixed bag, especially with respect to your understanding of currencies and what China was doing to your country with their peg to the dollar.

#35     Aug 8, 2012
  6. Brazil and Football/Soccer in the Olympics

USA - Los Angeles 1984 Olympics

1) France
    2) Brazil
    3) Yugoslavia

South Korea 1988 Olympics

1) Soviet Union
    2) Brazil
    3) West Germany

USA – Atlanta 1996 Olympics

1) Nigeria
    2) Argentina
    3) Brazil

China 2008 Olympics

1) Argentina
    2) Nigeria
    3) Brazil

England 2012 Olympics

1) Brazil
    2) Mexico
    3) Japan

#36     Aug 8, 2012
  7. August 12, 2012

SouthAmerica: Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to put the spotlight on the final medal count of the 2012 Olympics under another perspective as follows:

Total Medals 2012 Olympics

Soviet Union (USSR) = 163

United States = 104

China = 87

Note: I compiled this information just in case if Americans want to compare how they measure up on the 2012 Olympics against the old Soviet Union (USSR).

Total Medals 2012 Olympic

SOVIET UNION (USSR)

Russia = 82
    Belarus = 13
    Ukraine = 20
    Moldova = 2
    Georgia = 7
    Armenia = 3
    Azerbaijan = 10
    Kazakhstan = 13
    Uzbekistan = 4
    Turkmenistan = 0
    Kyrgyzstan = 0
    Tajikistan = 1
    Estonia = 2
    Lithuania = 4
    Latvia = 2

Total Soviet Union (USSR) = 163

#37     Aug 12, 2012
  8. SA, what, precisely, is your point?

#38     Aug 12, 2012
  9. It is just a reminder and a reality check that the ghost of the old Soviet Union (USSR) still were able to win 57 percent more medals than the United States in the 2012 London Olympics.

That ghost is not going away any time soon - you can bet on that!!!!!!!!!

#39     Aug 12, 2012
  10. By the way Gabbie stood above two Russians. Just sayin.

#40     Aug 12, 2012